August 26, 2022
In This Issue...
- A Message from Marcie
- Curriculum Night - Tuesday, 8/30
- A Note from Nurse M
- Kindergarten/1st Grade Math Night - Wednesday, 9/28
- Save the Date for your Child's Music Concert
- Other Important Information
- Important Dates
Don't Miss the PTO Spotlight!
- PTO Membership Directory
- Spirit Wear
- Bike Rally - September 10th
- Rent a Birthday Sign
- After School Enrichment
- Before School Club
- Fun Lunch
- And more...
A Message from Marcie
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be Helpful
- Be Safe
You can take a look at the information that was shared with your child by clicking here.
To reinforce these important principles, we introduced our students to something new called Proud Penguin tickets. These tickets can be handed out to any of our students who are "caught doing something great!!" If your child comes home with a Proud Penguin ticket, please celebrate their success in a way that is meaningful to your child and your family. This helps reinforce the positive feedback we intend to share with our students by handing out these tickets.
In addition, each week we will be featuring one student a week as our "Proud Penguin of the Week." If your child is ever highlighted, please be ready for a special phone call home where our Proud Penguin of the Week and I will call home together to share the good news with you!
Please be prepared for us to ask you, "How will you be celebrating at home with your Proud Penguin?" We recommend celebrating with something that works for your family like a family game night, family movie night, a special dessert, or a favorite activity. Please do not feel like you need to purchase any type of physical reward. The time spent together celebrating your child's success is what matters most!
Thank you, in advance, for all of your support! Your partnership makes all the difference to our South Park students!
Save the Date - Curriculum Night - Tuesday, August 30th
As a reminder, Curriculum Night will be in person this year! Here is the letter that was shared with families earlier this week.
We want to clarify that the schedule below was designed so that families can create a custom schedule that allows them to attend any sessions of interest without experiencing conflicts. All presentations will be repeated at least once, containing the exact same information. Feel free to attend the sessions in any order you choose.
A reminder that we will not be hosting any Zoom sessions now that we are returning to in-person events. Please see the schedule below and note the room change highlighted in yellow for our specials team.
Curriculum Night Schedule - Tuesday, August 30th
A Note from Nurse M 👩🏻⚕️
Here is the link to submit your child’s home test results (please select your child’s school from the drop down menu). If you have any questions or concerns about your ability to access home tests during the school year please reach out to Joanna Ford at email@example.com.
Below is the list of COVID symptoms:
- moderate to severe persistent headache
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
- loss of taste
- loss of smell
Even if your child is negative for COVID they need to be diarrhea, fever, and vomit-free for 24 hours without medication prior to their return to school.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindergarten/1st Grade Math Night 🔢
South Park will be hosting a Family Math Night for families of kindergarten and first grade students on Wednesday, September 28 from 6:00 - 7:00 PM. Please RSVP by 9/14 using this form. We are asking that no siblings join for this event.
At this event, families will learn about the importance of substantial and engaging math games to support number fluency and will engage in several math games and activities.
Please reach out to Sarah Hogan (email@example.com) or Stephanie Mackey (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Save the Date for Your Child's Music Concert! 🎵
Below are all of our 2022-23 music concert dates:
- 5th Grade - Wednesday, January 25 @ 6:30
- 4th Grade - Wednesday, February 15th @ 6:30
- 3rd Grade - Wednesday, March 8th @ 6:30
- 2nd Grade - Wednesday, February 15th @ 5:30
- 1st Grade - Wednesday, March 8th @ 5:30
- Kindergarten - Wednesday, April 26 @ 6:30
An invitation with concert details will be shared by Mr. DelGrosso closer to the concert dates for each grade level.
Other Important Information ⚠️
- All visitors to South Park School MUST bring a valid driver's license or state ID card to the main office before entering into the building. Beginning this year, we will collect IDs during your visit and return it to you as you leave.
- If your child is going to be absent from school, you need to call or email us by 9:00 that morning. ** Call 847-945-5895, ext. 2103 and leave a message OR ** Email Nurse Nora Moskos.
- When parking in our Birchwood parking lot, please remember that our preschoolers are dropped off and picked up by the west end (closest to the school). Sometimes, their parents' cars can block a parked car from exiting for a few minutes. To avoid that, we suggest that you park closer to Birchwood Avenue.
- Please follow our morning procedures, and drop your children off at their regular grade level doors. If you choose to drive through the front circle at arrival, kindly stay in your car when you drop off to help us reduce morning congestion.
- Drop-off is between 8:35-8:45 a.m. Students who arrive after 8:45 a.m. will need to enter through the front door of the school, as all other doors will be locked.
- Dismissal for all Kindy and 1st-grade walkers and car riders will take place at their grade level door. We will no longer run a front circle pick-up line like the past two years.
Important Dates You Need to Start the School Year 📅
Tuesday, August 30
- Curriculum Night - Details
Monday, September 5
- No School - Labor Day
Enrichment classes begin
- PTO Sponsored Bike Ralley 9:30-10:30
- Students not in attendance
- K/1 Math Night 6:00-7:00