Friday Update & COVID Numbers
February, 4th 2022
Flexible Learning Friday
We have four Flexible Learning Fridays that will take place on Feb. 4, March 4, April 1, and May 13. Staff will be on-site providing a variety of virtual lessons, instruction, and recordings to support your child’s academic needs. Be sure to contact your respective school building or the Community Education Office to reserve your free childcare or a safe place for your child to learn if in need. Meals will also be sent home Thursday evenings prior to each Flexible Learning Friday.
Book Fair at the Eden Valley Elementary
Eden Valley Elementray will be hosting a Book Fair once again. The Fair will run from February 22nd through March 3rd. Students may visit before school and during their designated library times. We will also be open the evenings of February 24th and 28th from 3:30-7:00 pm. Please feel free to come and visit.
February 18th and 21st~No School
February 24th-March 4th~Parent-Teacher Conferences
March 4th~Flex Friday/No Students
March 4th~Early Childhood Screening
March 7th~Kindergarten Roundup
March 14th~Spring Concert for grades 1,2, and 3
March 21st~Staff Day-No Students
April 1st~Flex Friday/No Students
April ~ MCA testing
April 15th-18th Spring Break
Free COVID-19 Home Tests
Recently, the federal government activated a website where every home in the U.S. can order four free at-home COVID-19 tests at no cost. The process for ordering requires your name and address, and will take less than 30 seconds to complete. Your order will be shipped USPS in 7-12 business days. Families can order these free at home tests at COVIDtests.gov.
Also, the State of Minnesota is continuing to make testing more accessible. Families can continue to order Vault saliva tests at no cost, just visit one of the state's community testing sites or use the state's online Find Testing Locations tool to find a clinic or pharmacy providing tests.
COVID Vaccination Resources
1. MDH website for guidance surrounding Schools and Child Care COVID-19 Best Practice Recommendations.
2. Use the State’s Vaccine Locator Map to find a vaccine provider near you.
3. Check for vaccine appointments at vaccines.gov,
4. Contact your primary health care provider or a local pharmacy.
5. Walk in to or make an appointment at one of Minnesota’s COVID-19 Community Vaccination sites.
6. Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Public Hotline: 1-833-431-2053, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. & Saturday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.