Gifted and Talented Notes
A Few Thanksgiving Resources!
The First Thanksgiving Interactive Website
- This interactive website allows students to see how the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag Native Americans celebrate the first Thanksgiving together at Plymouth Plantation.
- It also has teaching resources.
Teacher Guide 3-5
Research Thanksgiving Holidays Around the World
- Investigate the Thanksgiving traditions around the world
- Have students Identify two countries to investigate. Then research details about four attributes to compare in this online compare and contrast graphic organizer.
Primary Documents of Thanksgiving
If you are looking for a collection of primary resources related to Thanksgiving, this website has them all.
Check out these 2 (and only 2) primary sources for the events of autumn 1621 in Plymouth:
- Edward Winslow writing in Mourt's Relation
- William Bradford writing in Of Plymouth Plantation
Be a Historian- Thanksgiving Interactive
What really happened at the First Thanksgiving? Become a history detective and find out! In this fun, award-winning activity, you take on the role of a “history detective” to investigate what really happened at the famous 1621 celebration.
Differentiated Articles for Students
- K-12 Thanksgiving Reading Passages
Amid a retail wallet race, shopping trumps turkey
Please pass the pumpkin latkes, it's Thanksgivukkah
Thanksgiving Word Problems
- Ted, The Thanksgiving Turkey: Multiplication Stories for grade 3rd-5th
- Thanksgiving Budget Challenge for grade 3rd-5th
- A Collection of Thanksgiving Math Challenges for grade k-5th
- The Great Turkey Surprise Problem for grades k-2nd
Yummy Math has several Thanksgiving themed math problems - ready to print and use.
Talk Like a Pilgrim
Tell a Few Jokes
Sing a Song