Ninth Grade News
Week of April 26
Dear Daniel Ninth Families,
With four weeks of instruction remaining before the final exam week, please encourage your student to check his/her grades and progress in the Ascender Portal. In March, all students selected a topic for the Freshman Capstone Project and they have been working steadily on this project each week in English and Advisory classes. Students are currently working on their final products and putting their information into presentation form. The final Capstone presentation is due Friday, May 14. Ask your student about what they decided their final product would be! If they are stumped, check out this resource page to generate ideas that fit their passion project topic: 50 Ideas for Genius Hour Products
We are thankful for your partnership and are looking forward to Growing Greatness this week!
Carolyn Ansley, Principal
Mrs. Wendy Petersen - Principles of Health Science
A nursing graduate of New Mexico State, Mrs. Petersen joins the DNG family this year. Her mother, a teacher “24/7” (from whom she learned so much), was her inspiration to teach. In her spare time, she enjoys drawing floor plans and being on the lake with her family. Her dream vacation would consist of beach, sun, a breathtaking view, and some history - combined with great food. This school year Mrs. Petersen has looked forward to mentoring kids and seeing them find a passion for medicine. Teleporting would be her superpower if she could have one!
Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year is Now Open!
Registration for the 2021-2022 school year will open on Monday, April 19. This is for all students, returning or new, in all grades. If you’ve lived in the district for at least a couple of years, you’ll remember we typically send home a commitment form for you to fill out in the spring to let us know if your child will be returning, and then you complete registration during the summer months. Because we are such a fast-growth district, completing registration now will help us know which students are returning next year so we can reserve that spot for your student and also staff appropriately for their campus. You can find information for registering all other students at aledoisd.org/register.
Freshman Awards Ceremony
Monday, April 26
- Advisory Day
- Varsity Tennis Regionals Tournament
- JV Baseball vs. Wichita Falls @Aledo (4:30 pm)
- VAR Baseball vs. Wichita Falls @Hoskins Field (7:00 pm)
Tuesday, April 27
- Flex Day
- Varsity Tennis Regionals Tournament
- VAR Softball vs. Lake Dallas @Aledo 2:30 p.m. (second game immediately following – if weather permits)
Wednesday, April 28
- Flex Day
Thursday, April 29
- Flex Day
Friday, April 30
- Flex Day
- Bearcat Baseball vs. WF High @WF, JV (4:30 pm)
- Bearcat Baseball vs. WF High @AHS, V (7:00 pm)
Saturday, May 1
- NTCA Solo & Ensemble All-Stars Virtual Contest
- Jazz Band Concert
Mark Your Calendar!
April 27: National School Bus Driver Appreciation Day
May 3-7: Teacher Appreciation Week
May 4: AP Human Geography Exam
May 5: Algebra I STAAR EOC
May 6: Biology I STAAR EOC
May 12: Freshman End of Year Awards Ceremony, 9 AM - 11 AM
May 12: National School Nurse Day
May 17: School Holiday
May 27: Last Day of School/Early Release
June 22-25: STAAR Re-Testing Dates
Important Notice: FM 5 road closure beginning April 24
A major milestone in completing the new Annetta Elementary is to tie in the new Learners Lane road to FM 5 for drainage purposes. In order to complete this tie in, a small stretch of FM 5 near the campus must be closed in both directions for five days beginning at 7 a.m. on Saturday, April 24. TxDOT will start displaying signs warning you of this road closure beginning tomorrow, April 17, and there will be signs clearly marking how traffic is detoured during the closure. Please review the map above that shows where the closure begins and ends and where cars will be detoured.
We expect this work to be completed by Wednesday, April 28 or possibly sooner depending on weather conditions. We are working closely and communicating regularly with TxDOT on this project and will communicate any additional information we have with you as we receive it.
Learners Lane was created as a way to pull traffic off of FM 5 to queue cars on the Annetta Elementary site rather than on FM 5 to alleviate traffic as much as possible.
Early Voting for Local Elections Begins April 19
It is time for local elections in Parker and Tarrant counties, and early voting starts on Monday, April 19. Depending on where you live, you could see elections for Aledo ISD Board of Trustees, the Emergency Services District, and/or city elections for Aledo, Annetta, Fort Worth or Weatherford.
Nearby early voting locations are the Aledo ISD Administration Building and Hudson Oaks City Hall. Important notice for Tarrant County residents: Registered voters living in the Tarrant County portion of Aledo ISD must cast their vote (for early voting and election day) at any early voting site in Parker County; even though you live in Tarrant County, your ballot will include all of the races you’re eligible to vote on at this time (i.e., City of Fort Worth and Aledo ISD races).
Early voting begins Monday, April 19 with the following schedule (More Early Voting information for Parker County):
8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Monday, April 19
7 a.m.-7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 20
8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 21
7 a.m.-7 p.m. on Thursday, April 22
8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Friday, April 23
Saturday, April 24 CLOSED
Sunday, April 25 CLOSED
8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Monday, April 26
8 a.m.-5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 27
Election Day for the Parker County cities and schools elections will be from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. on Saturday, May 1, 2021. Click here for Parker County Election Day information.
- Shorts & Skirts must be mid-thigh
- Midriff may not be exposed
- Hats are not permitted in the building
- Tank top straps must be at least 2 inches in diameter (no spaghetti straps)
- Undergarments may not be exposed
Thank you for your support!
School Picture Information
- Proofs have been emailed from Glamourcraft.
- Click https://glamourcraft.com then click "Order Online, Pk-11," and enter the code you were emailed.
- All packages will be shipped directly to your home and are 100% guaranteed.
- In order to ensure you will receive your package, please verify that your home address is correct when you purchase
- If you did not receive an email, please contact Glamourcraft at 817-923-9901.
Your student will need to provide evidence that they are a student enrolled in a public, private, or home school and have been attending school for at least 90% of the time. A VOE form is issued by our office.
To Request a VOE Form:
- Your student will scan the QR code in the front office.
- They will need to complete the linked Google form.
- The VOE will be available the following day and can be picked up at the front office. The form will need to be signed by your student and witnessed by office staff.
Click on the Picture Below to Nominate an Outstanding DNG Staff Member!
Updated School Calendar
The Aledo ISD Board of Trustees approved an updated 2020-2021 Instructional Calendar in December, adding two new teacher workdays/student holidays in the Spring semester.
COVID Health and Safety Reminders
As we move into cold and flu season and begin to see an uptick in positive COVID-19 cases amongst our students and staff, please be reminded of the health and safety protocols in Aledo ISD's Return to Learn Plan:
- Parents of all students must screen children for symptoms and take the temperature of each of their children before their child attends school every day. Students who have an elevated temperature above 100.4 OR have any COVID-related symptoms must report the symptoms to their campus nurse and stay home. Please do not send students to school with symptoms. For Daniel Ninth Grade, our nurse is Danielle Barnes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All students shall wear face coverings at all times while on Aledo ISD property that social distancing, maintaining six feet of distance, is not possible. Face coverings should cover both the nose and mouth of the user.
Aledo ISD COVID-19 Dashboard
Aledo ISD is tracking COVID-19 cases within our school Community. To do this we need your help – if your child ever tests positive for COVID-19 or shows symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or has close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please click this link to complete our AISD COVID Reporting form. Our data will only be as accurate as what is reported to us. Please help us keep our entire community healthy and safe by providing this information as soon as it becomes known to you. To view the Aledo ISD COVID Dashboard, please click here.
How do I request for my student to move to remote learning?
How do I check my student out for an appointment or early release?
Daniel Ninth Grade Campus is currently closed to visitors. We understand at times, however, it may be necessary for you to pick up your student for an appointment. Please allow for a few extra minutes when picking up your student as we are using a new check out system and have new processes in place. We kindly ask that you follow these procedures when picking up your student:
- Pull up to the student pick up/drop off area in front of our main doors.
- Once you enter the building, please remain in the lobby area. Our office staff will greet you and ask to scan your ID. You can also call our office at 817-441-4504 to let us know you are here. If it is during a passing period, we ask that you please wait outside until the students have exited the building.
- We will then call your student’s teacher to notify them that you are here to pick them up.
How do I report a student absence?
Thank you, parents, for doing a great job of communicating student absences with our office staff and for keeping your child home when they are not feeling well.
If your child is sick or will not be at school for any other reason, please call the school at
(817) 441-4504 or email Sarah Hill at email@example.com to report an absence.
Any student or staff who tests positive for COVID-19 or shows symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or has close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please complete the AISD COVID-19 Reporting Form.
How do I request a district device?
Your child will need access to a laptop or Chromebook in order to complete assignments in Canvas both at home and school. Please visit the following link if you would like to learn more about checking out a Chromebook from the Aledo ISD Technology Department: https://www.aledoisd.org/Page/4320
Ascender Student Portal
1. Go to the Aledo ISD home page and click on Parents and Students at the top of the page. Then click on Student Portal Link on the left side of the page. (You can also go to the link directly: https://tinyurl.com/y5knvfwa)
2. Click on Create Account
3. Enter your student ID number, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.