the most flavorfull way to cook meat
This Texas brisket delivers authentic pit-master flavor thanks to the expertly-blended spices in Grill Mates Slow & Low Smokin' Texas BBQ Rub. For more wood smoke flavor, see the Smoking Tip.
1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Slow & Low Smokin' Texas BBQ Rub 4 pounds beef, such as brisket or chuck roast (2-inch thick)select all
Add to list
(amount per servings)
- Rub Seasoning over beef. Place beef, fat side up, in 13x9-inch foil pan. Cover with foil. Refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect medium-low heat (275°F to 300°F). Preheat grill by turning all burners to high. Turn burner on 1 side to medium-high. Turn off burner(s) on other side. Place covered beef in pan on unlit side of grill. Close grill.
- Grill 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until internal temperature of thickest part of beef is 180ºF to 185ºF. Carefully remove pan from grill.
- Return beef to grill, placing it directly on unlit side. Cook 30 minutes longer or until beef forms a crust and internal temperature is 190ºF to 200ºF.
- Remove beef from grill. Let stand 10 minutes. Slice and serve with warm pan juices, if desired.