We're looking for an eager to learn Junior Developer to join our Engineering team!
What you'll be doing
Work on a platform millions love
Smore is the world's friendliest newsletter tool. Millions of people across the globe use Smore to create better newsletters, and we've built a fast-growing business, devoted to empowering our customers.We're looking for a talented engineer to join us and help build the future of newsletters.
- Collaborate with the Sales, Customer Success, and Customer Support teams as well as other members of the Engineering team to solve business & technical challenges in simple, sustainable ways.
- Keep performance and scale in mind: Smore.com is accessed by millions of people every month, thousands simultaneously, and the amount of data we process is huge and exponentially increasing.
- Work in fast iterations and get things shipped quickly.
- Write high-quality backend and frontend code in a high-performance environment, complete with code reviews, tests, and all the other goodies.
- Work on a world-class web product, using cutting-edge frameworks and open source tools: Typescript, Node.js, Go, Svelte, Google Cloud services, AWS, Fastly, Docker, Kubernetes, and many more.
- Work with all parts of the tech stack, hack together quick solutions, and experiment with new technologies.
- Have fun while doing all of the above!
- Fluent English
- 2+ years of professional, full-time development experience
- Software engineering degree or equivalent / Technological unit alumni
- Curiosity - You've got a strong desire to learn new things and a strong interest in the latest technologies.
- Laziness - You hate repetitive work, and have an urge to automate everything.
- Humility - There's no need to show off. And if you don't know something, ask. Be chill and be happy.
- Attention to detail and a passion to build the best software.
- Ability to work efficiently in both a team and self-directed manner.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with modern web frameworks and services
- Experience with Python, Node.js
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with modern databases
- Working and contributing to Open Source projects
- An eye for good design, typography and products
Our Company Culture
Top 6 reasons to work at Smore:
How To Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first name + position you are applying to in the subject line of the email.
Include your resume and short description yourself and why you think you'd be a good fit for the position.
Good luck!! :)
Click the follow button on the right to be the first to know about open positions.