What to do When a Tornado Strikes
By Tyler, Shepard and Liam
What are catastrophes?
- A catastrophic event is a severe event caused by weather, geology, or human cause.
- They can be very fatal to the environment and to humans.
- Can destroy infrastructure and level cities.
What is a tornado and what causes it?
- A funnel shaped cloud that can rip through cities and communities.
- high wind speeds combine with warm and cold air forming a funnel.
Impact on environment
- Destroys habitats
- Crops are destroyed
- Animals stranded, inured, or killed
Impact on humans
- Destroys homes
- Destroys infrastructure
- Humans can be killed
How do we prepare for this?
- Get below ground
- Get to a room in the center of the house without windows
- Shield your head and crouch
- Keep a flashlight, radio and a cellphone near you
- Don't go outside until the coast is clear
- Tornadoes are caused by the weather.
- Their are different levels of tornadoes based on their speed.
- Some tornadoes can be several miles long.
- We are TWISTERS INC.
- We will set up a raising awareness event so people can know what to do when a tornado hits.
- We will raise money to help people cope with the destruction when it happens.
Join us on November 28, 2016 for a fun-filled afternoon with games, tornado-related activities, burritos, fresh crispy tacos, and chickens. We will be raising awareness for twisters in our community and raising money for these natural disasters when they do happen.