Clearview Tech Bi-Monthly News
March 12, 2014
Exam View and MBC
How do I get my ExamView questions into Schoolwork?
First, review this Technical Note to learn how to export your ExamView tests in the correct format.
- In the left navigation bar, click Schoolwork.
- Click Import / Export, then choose Import Questions. This takes you to the Import page.
- On the import page, select the action to take from the dropdown list, for example, "create a new assignment," or "create a new assessment."
- Click Choose File to select the file to import, then click Import.
That schedules your import. When the import is finished, click the results to go to the imported schoolwork.
Scanning on the Ricoh Copiers/Printers/Scanners
If you would like to scan physical copies of notes, worksheets, etc., you can easily do it from the Ricoh copiers. Here's how:
1. Press the "Scan-To-Me" button on the screen. (Do this first before logging in.)
2. Enter your copy code (or swipe your Sonitrol card), press log in.
3. Either place your paper in the feeder, or on the flat bed.
4. Press "Next"
5. Press "Next
6. Press "Scan"
7. Press "Done"
8. Either Logout OR Press "Scan Another Document" to scan a separate document.
9. The PDF document is now sent to your e-mail and you can then save it to your U drive or V Drive.
Just for Fun!
A computer was something on TV
From a sci fi show of note.
A window was something you hated to clean
And ram was the cousin of goat.
Meg was the name of my girlfriend
And gig was a job for the nights.
Now they all mean different things
And that really mega bytes.
An application was for employment.
A program was a TV show.
A curser used profanity.
A keyboard was a piano.
Memory was something that you lost with age.
A CD was a bank account.
Compress was something you did to the garbage
Not something you did to a file.
And if you unzipped anything in public
You’d be in jail for a while.
Log on was adding wood to the fire.
Hard drive was a long trip on the road.
A mouse pad was where a mouse lived.
And a backup happened to your commode.
Cut you did with a pocket knife.
Paste you did with glue.
A web was a spider’s home.
And a virus was the flu
I guess I’ll stick to my pad and paper
And the memory in my head.
I hear nobody’s been killed in a computer crash,
But when it happens they wish they were dead.