Home Learning - Term 3 Week 7
Tuesday, 7 September 2021
We start back this week on Thursday, 9th September. Those current students who have been attending school as part of our school bubble are able to attend school as per normal tomorrow.
I would like to thank all families who have supported their children during home learning over the past few weeks. This again has been a different way of learning and teaching for us all and in order for it to work successfully it needs a team effort - so I thank you all.
I have outlined below what the main requirements are for Alert Level 2 in a school setting. Our teaching staff will be working hard over the next 24 hours to make sure their classrooms meet the Level 2 requirements.
It is acknowledged, that at Alert Level 2 there is a low risk of community transmission within the area. It is safe to send your children to school as the school will have appropriate measures in place.
School Events and Performances
At this stage we have not had any word around any changes to the Polyfest event that is scheduled to go ahead at the end of this month. We will let you know when we find out if any changes occur due to the Level 2 environment.
Decisions around other school events like Pet Day will be made closer to the time and will be run in accordance to the current Alert Level restrictions that are in place at the time.
Moving to Level 2
As per Alert Level 2, please drop off and pick your child up from the school gate. If you need to come on to the school grounds to visit the school office or a staff member then please wear a face covering.
- Schools are open to everyone, and all children must attend.
- Learning will be onsite and no learning at home packs will be offered. The only exception here is if you are having to self isolate while awaiting on the results of a COVID-19 test.
- Schools will be closed for cleaning and contact tracing if there is a confirmed case who was infectious when at school.
- Face coverings are not required at school or on any school transport for primary school children. Public health advice now, in light of the increased risk of the Delta Variant, is that face coverings for students aged 12 and over are strongly encouraged to be worn.
- Sick people must stay at home.
- The school has a contact tracing system in place and must be used by visitors to the school.
- Fundamental public health measures continue to apply at every alert level:
- Physical distancing
- Hand hygiene
- Cough and sneeze etiquette
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces
- Washing and drying hands: Hand sanitiser will be in every classroom and students will be expected to apply this when entering the classroom.
- Physical distancing: Children, young people and staff should be far enough away from each other so that they are not breathing on or touching each other.
Physical distancing of two metres is recommended for parents and caregivers, from people they don't know.
- School office will have a one in one out policy for visitors entering the school.
- Contact tracing remains a priority, Visitors on to the school grounds are required to scan in using the QR Code.
Contactless Pick Up of Hard Packs
The school will then be back in touch with you around a pick up time (between 9am and 3pm) and the instructions to collect the home learning pack.
Tau Competency Activities this week
Community Wellbeing Information
Below is access to a couple of agencies that can support you through this period of time. Please don't be afraid to use these organisations or even pass the details on to a family member or friend whom you know might be finding this time difficult.
You can call Health Line for health advice and information about a condition or illness. The advice and information is provided by trained healthcare professionals.
You can contact them by calling 0800 611 116. You can free call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
1737, Need to Talk:
If you're feeling anxious, down, overwhelmed or that you need to talk with someone, you can call or text the helpline for free.
You can contact them by calling 0800 1737 1737 (or text 1737).. You can free call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.