3rd Grade News
Announcements & Other Exciting Things
- December book orders are due on December 9th, in time to get the books delivered before winter break. There are lots of great rewards this month and books make great gifts!
- So many students reached their reading goal in November and I am so proud! December reading logs are in take home folders. They will not be due until after Christmas break :)
- Please consider donating to our class' angel from the angel tree! Items are due on December 10th.
- We are in desperate need of glue sticks for the classroom. Almost everyone has used up 2 or 3 and we are all out! If you have any extras at home that you want to send, we would really appreciate it! :)
Reading/ Language Arts
Some of the skills we will be working on this week are:
- Consonant digraphs
- Using Story Structure
- Using Context Clues
- Synonyms and Antonyms
Our vocabulary words for the week are:
December Book It minutes will be due on January 4th, when we get back from winter break. As a class, we read 3,826 minutes last month. Let's try and beat that!
Every week, we will be working on our math facts using Math-A-Minute. Math-A-Minute is a program used to help students master their basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts. Once a student masters a level, they move on to the next level. It is vital that students have a full mastery of their basic facts so we will be practicing a lot! You should be seeing little slips of paper with math facts on them coming home in take home folders. If your student didn't finish, or missed a problem, help them practice and they will try again the next time we do Math-A-Minute!
Science/ Social Studies
- Expo markers
- Sandwich size Ziplock bags
- Clorox wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Packing tape
- Glue Sticks
- Cap erasers