- Principal's Message
- Monday Afternoon Information
- Notes from our School Nurse
- Google Classroom Summary
- Previous Newsletter Information
I hope everyone has been able to enjoy this incredible fall weather!!!! I believe that the photos above describe the process of success and learning beautifully. Success and learning are messy, complicated, and difficult. However, the sense of accomplishment is huge and worth the effort! These visuals remind us why success and learning can be complicated and the importance of having a growth mindset.
Now that we are into our routine, our Morning Announcements will begin promptly at 9:00 am. They will be finished by 9:05 am. Once students see the last slide that says, "We are Peterson Strong! Have a great day!", they can leave the meeting and sign in to their classroom teacher's Zoom link.
I am sorry that some of you continue to have difficulty with Chromebooks. Please see the following link for Chromebook Troubleshooting Tips.
Monday Afternoon Information
Just a reminder that this coming Monday, September 21st is our first Monday in session with students. Remote learning ends at 1pm on Mondays. As a parent, if you are looking for resources for your child after 1pm please refer to Monday Afternoon Opportunities. These activities are suggestions for independent time on Monday afternoons. The afternoon time does not need to be structured. Families may add their own ideas. These activities do not need to be submitted to the classroom teacher. Because of the amount of technology used during the rest of the week we included all no screen time options. If families are interested, they can access Dreambox, Lexia and other software students use during remote learning. Teachers will be using this valuable time for professional development and team collaboration so they can best meet the needs of their students. We have already learned a lot in our short two weeks in school.
Notes from our School Nurse
- If you haven’t already done so, please make sure you complete your child’s health exam and immunization requirements. Documents can be uploaded through ParentVUE. All records need to be on file with your school by October 15, 2020 or students will be excluded from school.
Health Examination and Immunization Requirements:
- Students entering preschool, kindergarten, sixth, and ninth grades, and new students to the district, must present proof of the required state of Illinois physical examination and immunizations. The student history portion of the examination form must be completed and signed by the parent. If this is not completed, the student will be excluded from school on October 15, 2020. Out-of-state physical examinations are written on approved forms, which meet the current state of Illinois requirements, are acceptable if they are less than one year old.
Vision and Hearing Screenings:
- The Peterson Nurse’s Office will be conducting vision and hearing screenings as mandated by the State of Illinois. All students with IEPs and 504 plans, or those under evaluation for such plans must have a vision and hearing screening on an annual basis.
- We are ready to screen students at school with safety precautions in place. Screenings will begin this week. If you haven't signed up for time slot please sign up below using provided link.
Google Classroom Summary
- Ongoing assignments or ones with no due date can look like they are late when in fact they are not.
- If a student forgets to click the "Turn In" button, the assignment can show as late and/or not turned in.
- There can be a lot of information in the summary depending on how much "activity" there has been in Google Classroom and I know that for some these summaries become overwhelming and not helpful.
Previous Newsletter Information
Meal Program in Remote Learning
The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced that it is extending the distribution of free meals to students through December 31, 2020. This allows Organic Life and District 204 to continue serving free meals to all children to help ensure children have access to nutritious food as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. Organic Life is offering curbside pick-up of grab and go breakfast and lunch at no cost for all students. Pick-up locations are at each elementary school near door 1, from 11 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday, on days school is in session. No preordering is required.
Remote Learning Google Site
Below is the link to the site:
This link is posted on Peterson's webpage on the Remote Learning page. Here is the link: http://peterson.ipsd.org/Subpage.aspx?id=1483
Parent University - Chromebooks
- parent's name and phone#
- student's first and last names
- Chromebook Asset tag number (7 digits)
- describe the problem(s)
If you need help resetting your password, please go to this link: http://www.ipsd.org/news.aspx?id=108029
The top section for the following link contains information specific to technology. http://www.ipsd.org/Subpage.aspx/SchoolReadiness