JUDY CENTER NEWS
ABOUT THE JUDY CENTER EARLY LEARNING HUB...
The Judy Center Early Learning Hub is a collaboration of many public and non-profit agencies in St. Mary’s County Maryland dedicated to providing comprehensive, community-based early learning services for children birth through kindergarten and their families in the Green Holly, George Washington Carver, and Lexington Park Elementary School zones. We believe that all children should enter school ready to learn and that families are the foundation for their children's school success. The Judy Center provides many learning opportunities and fun, free family activities to promote school readiness.
Collaboration and partnerships with the community lie at the heart of Maryland’s Judy Center Early Learning Hubs. Judy Centers are not childcare centers but a comprehensive hub where families can participate in family learning experiences and receive services and support. In Title I and high-needs elementary schools in every Maryland jurisdiction, Judy Centers empower a child’s first teachers- their families- by supporting child development and early learning skills for our youngest learners from birth through kindergarten.
GREEN HOLLY AND G.W. CARVER FAMILIES...
SNAP ED RECIPE OF THE MONTH...
CHECK THIS OUT...
- There are several Adult Education Programs available to Judy Center families through our partnership with the College of Southern Maryland! Get prepared for college, learn to speak English and/or obtain a high school diploma. Classes are held throughout the county. Please call the College of Southern Maryland Adult Education Program at 301-934-7770 for more information. http://www.csmd.edu/programs-courses/non-credit/adult-basic-education/
- The Judy Center can help you with creating and fine-tuning your resume, interviewing skills, finding a job, and more! Give the Judy Center a call today for more information at 301-863-4068.
- The St. Mary's County Library offers several free events for children, adults, and teens each month. Check them out on the web at: www.stmalib.org. Something exciting is always happening at the library!
- The Judy Center staff can connect you with community resources, food pantries, and more year-round! Give the Judy Center a call today for more information at 301-863-4068.
- The Judy Center has a lending library with fun and engaging activities for families and childcare providers! Call the Judy Center to set up a time to come by and take a look! 301-863-4068.
APRIL CHILDCARE PROVIDER WORKSHOP...
Tuesday, April 18th
Green Holly Elementary School Media Center
You’ve completed the developmental screenings on the children in your care, now what? It is always best practice to discuss score results, whether or not there are concerns, with the child’s parents to learn about the child’s development and promote healthy behavior and development. This workshop will give providers strategies for talking with parents especially if there are concerns about a child’s development and/or the need for a referral.
COK: 2hr COM
Pre-registration is required. To register call The Promise Resource Center at 301-290-0040 or email email@example.com. Please provide your name, phone number, email address, title, and date of the training.
Wendy Binkley, Judy Center Early Learning Hubs Coordinator
Kerrie Walzer, Judy Center Family Service Specialist, G.W. Carver
Freneta Carson, Judy Center Family Service Specialist, Green Holly
Aleya Armstead, Judy Center Family Service Specialist, Lexington Park
Anne Kirchner, Judy Center Early Childhood Liaison, G.W. Carver/Green Holly
Jennifer Hollingsworth, Judy Center Early Childhood Liaison, Lexington Park
Phone: 301-863-4068 Main Number
301-863-4076 ext. 44190 G.W. Carver
301-863-4085 ext. 20111 Lexington Park