Weekly News & Notes - January 7th - 11th
Upcoming events . . .
- Home & School Winter Enrichment classes begin
January 10th - January 25th:
- "Snack Pack Project" donations being accepted
- Family Fitness Night - 6:30-8:30
- Home & School Association General Meeting @ 7:00PM
- K-2 Science Fun Day meeting @ 6:00
- Kindergarten Rm. 402
- 1st grade Rm. 109
- 2nd grade Rm. 403
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - School Holiday
- Home & School Association K-3 Dance - 7:00-8:30
Sharing hope through snowflakes . . .
A special thanks goes out to Mrs. Meehan's & Mrs. Willismson's 6th grade class!!! Both classes made snowflakes for the students and families of Sandy Hook Elementary School. When school resumes for students and teachers from Sandy Hook, it will be in a new building. The goal is for students to be welcomed back by a "winter wonderland" with the entire school decorated with as many unique snowflakes as possible.
Thank you sixth-grade for sharing your hopes with the community of Sandy Hook!
Attention Kindergarten Families . . .
Due to Hurricane Sandy, the district has made revisions to the calendar that will affect Kindergarten conferences and school days.
- The portfolio conferences for kindergarten will be March 28th, April 1, and April 2. This moves one conference day from April 3rd to April 1st.
- There will be Kindergarten classes on April 3rd.
Boomerang Nominations Needed . . .
January Asset #9 “Service to Others”
- Young person values service to others, in their family, school, or community. He/she commits to meaningful and caring actions.
- Nominate a Titus student by contacting Mrs. Horan. Include a paragraph about how your nominee exemplifies this month’s asset. Nominations are due by Friday, January 18th.
Home & School Association
Things to consider . . .
Find out how you can help at Titus:
- Many of the Spring committees are looking for volunteers.
- The Spring volunteer form is now available.
- For the month of December, we collected 2,920 Box Tops
- Current standings for the Rita's Water Ice Contest are as follows:
- 1st place – Miss Gieseler’s 6th grade class
- 2nd place – Miss Braksator’s 4th grade class
- 3rd place – Miss Anderson’s 4th grade class
Special Note: The "Make Your Own Sundae" contest is back! For the months of January and February, every 10 Box Tops your child brings in, their class will receive a ticket in a raffle box. At the end of February, we will draw a ticket out of the box and the winning class will receive an ice cream sundae party. The more Box Tops your child brings in, the more tickets their class will have in the raffle box and the greater their chances of winning.