Blackman Elementary's House System
(Everything you need to know about it...)
2019-2020 End of year results...
Due to the abrupt end to the school year, the RTI-B team decided that all houses are winners this year! We are so proud of all your hard work in displaying positive behaviors and attendance to earn your houses points. We will continue with the house system and challenges next school year.
We truly miss all of our intellectual sparks!! Please stay safe and healthy!!
Also, practice being SPARKS while you're at home. Don't forget forget about our BLE Expectations (listed below). We'll see you next year!
Houses Captains & Points!
Why the New System?
- The purpose of the RTI2-B Team is to strive to maintain a safe, respectful, and positive environment conducive to learning.
- We are striving to create a positive culture where high academic and behavioral expectations are achieved.
- The new House System will bring our students together across grade levels.
- Our goal with this system is to foster camaraderie, collaboration, and leadership among our students.
- We want each student to gain a sense of belonging at Blackman Elementary.
- Each house has a name and color that symbolizes positive characteristics and qualities we want to instill in our students.
What is a House System?
Below are a few resources to help you get a big picture idea of a house system:
How will Houses be organized?
How can Houses earn points?
Students and parents can earn points for Houses through hardwork, positive behaviors, attendance and participation at the following events/activities:
-No discipline marks per week (+1pt)
-Perfect attendance/no tardies per week (+1pt)
-Caught Being Good Ticket (+1pt)
-Sharing Achievements from Outside of School (+1pt)
-Community Service (+1pt)
-iReady Usage Goal (+1pt)
-All O's (K-2nd), Honor Roll (3rd-5th) (+10pts)
-O's and M's (K-2nd), Principal's List (3rd-5th) (+15pts)
-House competitions during celebrations
-Back to School Bash
How will points be tracked?
Points will be visible to students as they will be displayed on the front TV and in the school hallways. They will be updated weekly.
Points will be updated on this newsletter monthly.
What incentives can Houses earn?
-Extra points when winning during monthly celebrations.
-Placed at the top of the "Leaderboard" bulletin board.-End of the year trophy with House name and year engraved.