Blackman Elementary's House System
(Everything you need to know about it...)
CONGRATULATIONS OFFICIUM ON WINNING THE CHANT CHALLENGE & The Hoop Fest Challenge! They are 2-0 for wins!
- House Meeting, October 18th - during school hours
- House Celebration, November 4th - during school hours
Houses Captains & Points!
Why the New System?
- The purpose of the RTI2-B Team is to strive to maintain a safe, respectful, and positive environment conducive to learning.
- We are striving to create a positive culture where high academic and behavioral expectations are achieved.
- The new House System will bring our students together across grade levels.
- Our goal with this system is to foster camaraderie, collaboration, and leadership among our students.
- We want each student to gain a sense of belonging at Blackman Elementary.
- Each house has a name and color that symbolizes positive characteristics and qualities we want to instill in our students.
What is a House System?
Below are a few resources to help you get a big picture idea of a house system:
How will Houses be organized?
How can Houses earn points?
Students and parents can earn points for Houses through hardwork, positive behaviors, attendance and participation at the following events/activities:
-No discipline marks per week (+1pt)
-Perfect attendance/no tardies per week (+1pt)
-Caught Being Good Ticket (+1pt)
-Sharing Achievements from Outside of School (+1pt)
-Community Service (+1pt)
-Iready Usage Goal (+1pt)
-Milestones (K), 2s & 3s mostly 3s (1st & 2nd), Honor Roll (3rd-5th) (+10pts)
-3s & 4s (1st & 2nd), Principal's List (3rd-5th) (+15pts)
-House competitions during assemblies
-Back to School Bash
How will points be tracked?
Points will be visible to students as they will be displayed on the front TV and in the school hallways. They will be updated weekly.
Points will be updated on this newsletter monthly.
What incentives can Houses earn?
-Extra points when winning during monthly celebrations.
-Placed at the top of the "Leaderboard" bulletin board.-End of the year trophy with House name and year engraved.