Burleson Elementary News
February 25, 2021
100TH DAY OF SCHOOL
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
We are gearing up for a very busy spring. We will MAP test after spring break, administer benchmarks in April, and STAAR test in April and May. We have seen enormous gains this year in student learning overall. The MAP scores portrayed significant growth, and we are proud of the students for working so hard! Thank you for all your support at home and remember to always keep reading.
We will be celebrating Read Across America on Tuesday, March 2! We will spend the day celebrating and reading wonderful books! All students may dress up as their favorite storybook character on Tuesday!
¡Nuestros estudiantes son 100 días más inteligentes! ¡Este año ha sido uno de los mejores! Después de los cambios drásticos de la primavera pasada, ¡ver a nuestros estudiantes todos los días en el salón de clases es uno de los mejores sentimientos! Los estudiantes entran cada día con caras sonrientes y les encanta estar aquí. ¡Encontramos tanta alegría en educar el futuro! Los estudiantes dan a todo el personal motivación y aliento continuos. Estamos agradecidos de tener a los mejores estudiantes y familias aquí en Meadow.
Nos estamos preparando para una primavera muy ajetreada. Realizaremos el examen MAP después de las vacaciones de primavera, administraremos los puntos de referencia en abril y el examen STAAR en abril y mayo. Hemos visto enormes avances este año en el aprendizaje de los estudiantes en general. Los puntajes de MAP mostraron un crecimiento significativo, ¡y estamos orgullosos de los estudiantes por trabajar tan duro! Gracias por todo tu apoyo en casa y recuerda seguir leyendo siempre.
¡Celebraremos Read Across America el martes 2 de marzo! ¡Pasaremos el día celebrando y leyendo libros maravillosos! ¡Todos los estudiantes pueden disfrazarse como su personaje de libro de cuentos favorito el martes!
- Practice letter and sound recognition.
- Focus on number recognition up to number 20.
- Library book is due back on Tuesday.
- Send extra change of clothes for cold weather.
Thank you for all your support. Mrs. A 😊
- Parent conferences are on March 8th. A sign-up sheet will be going home soon! Please let me know if this date doesn't work for you so we can work something out.
- Spelling tests will begin after Spring Break.
- Practice sight words every night!
- Read, read, read, and fill out your child's reading logs.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns! 🙂
· Sight word test Friday over the purple words.
· NEXT week sight word test will be ALL the sight words in the bag.
· Spelling test will be on Thursday next week.
· We will test over +9’s tomorrow.
*Monday, March 8th will be parent conferences. If your child has a note in their folder please pick your time and return the note as soon as possible.
THANKS for all you do!
* Continue to READ, READ, READ and take AR test!!!
* Be sure you are reading for at least 20 minutes every night and that you are filling out the Home Reading Log. The Reading Logs are due every Friday morning.
<Parent conferences are scheduled for March 8th.
ELAR/ Social Studies
We will continue studying Poetry. We will be studying the elements that make a poem, author’s purpose in writing poetry and themes/messages authors communicate.
In Social Studies we are learning about the free enterprise system. (scarcity, goods,services, budgets, spending,saving)
Make sure you are reading at home and fill in Home Reading Logs.
Make sure you are checking Class Dojo messages.
Starting this next week we will be starting to spiral our STAAR skills review and going over what students will be seeing.
Please sign up for parent conferences! Mrs. Houchin sent the schedule out in Dojo messenger.
- In Math we are identifying, drawing, and counting lines of symmetry as well as identifying and naming quadrilaterals and triangles.
- We will have random multiplication fact tests so please be sure your child studies and knows their basic facts.
- In Science we are studying weather. We will learn the difference between weather and climate.
- Please make sure that your child is doing their 20-minute reading EVERY night. This will boost their vocabulary and make them a better student.
- We are looking forward to all the fun associated with “Read Across America” on March 2nd.
- Bring a water bottle and clean mask EVERYDAY!
- IMPORTANT – please let Mrs. Bell or me know a preferred time for your parent conference on Monday, March 8th. A reminder message is also on Class DOJO. Please remember that we are required to meet with all parents for a Middle of Year conference. Thank you to those that have already responded.
- We took the Revising & Editing part of the practice Writing STAAR Test this week, and we will do the composition part tomorrow. I will share the results at the upcoming teacher conferences.
- As always… Read, Read, Read! – Reading is a homework assignment! All students are required to read for at least 20 minutes every evening. Please make sure you monitor what your child is reading and initial your child’s Reading Log every evening after they have read.
- In Social Studies we are learning about the years of Texas’ independence and the early years of annexation into the United States.
Please remember to send your child with a clean mask and refillable water bottle every day.
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns.
*We are wrapping up our Drama section and moving into Poetry and Paired passages next week! VERY IMPORTANT
*Parent Conferences are March 8th; we will send out time slots next week
*As we get closer to STAAR test it is very important for students to be at school EVERY DAY
*We are getting behind in our AR, please ensure students are READING DAILY at home!
*bring WATER and MASK daily
100th DAY SCHOOL MORE PICTURES!!
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00.
MEADOW PTO SNACK CART ON FRIDAY'S
MARCH LUNCH MENU
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.