Two Languages, One Goal
How to Ensure the Success of your Bilingual Child
Benefits of Transitional or Early-Exit Bilingual Education Program:
- Children can acquire academic knowledge at the same pace as their native English-speaking counterparts.
- Children can be provided with knowledge and experience that facilitates learning English in subsequent grade levels.
- Parents will be better able to support their children’s academic development by using their first language.
- It preserves children's sense of pride in the language of their parents, and it helps protect their sense of identity.
- Today, there are also economic advantages in bilingual fluency and literacy.