CIS News June 1, 2020
Message From Superintendent Ehlers
Drop Off/Pick Up June 4th and 5th
Remote Learning Reminders
The start of June always signifies the winding down of the school year. This is the one thing that is consistent this year, from previous years.
Please continue to support your student(s) in getting assignments completed and turned in. We want everyone to get credit for the 4th marking period and for the semester!
The last day to turn in assignments will be June 5, 2020. Teachers will use the remainder of the school year grading assignments and updating Power School.
Please note that while the classes currently show letter grades (A-F), the final grade for both the 4th Marking Period as well as the 2nd Semester will be displayed as Credit, No Credit or Incomplete when report cards are finalized.
- If you have internet access and a device at home, assignments will be posted via Google Classroom. Please click the Google Classroom Parent/Guardian Guide below for more information.
- Meals are delivered on Mondays and Thursdays on a delayed start bus route schedule as well as in the Coloma High School parking lot from 10:00-10:30am.
- Remember to pick up your learning packets every other Monday from the bus during meal drop off, or in the CIS lobby. The lobby will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Learning packets are for those who do NOT have internet access at home. We will not have learning packets available for those who have internet access.
- Please remember to put your first and last name on the learning packets before turning them in!! Adding your grade level will be helpful as well!
- If you do not have internet access at home, please email your teacher, or call 468-2415 to leave a message. Please make sure to include your child's name, grade, homeroom teacher, and your phone number in your message.
- If you have internet access and need a device for online learning at home, please email your teacher, or call 468-2415 to leave a message. Please make sure to include your child's name, grade, homeroom teacher, and your phone number in your message.
- Don't forget to check your email or our FB page for our morning announcements!
- We have boosted our WiFi in the buildings so that you can access WiFi in the Junior High and High School parking lots. Simply pull your vehicle into the lots near the building for access. Please remember to observe social distancing requirements while you do so.
- Answer keys are included with your child's assignments for your convenience. This is to help support you during the remote learning process.
Specific questions regarding Remote Learning? Here is a link to frequently asked questions.
The district has put together a list of community resources to help our families through this unprecedented time. If you or anyone you know in the area is in need of assistance, please visit this link to our webpage for more information.
Reach Out for Support!
All of the district updates will be available through this link
This link provides answers to many of the frequently asked questions that surround the mandated school closure.
Follow this link to see different options if you have internet connectivity issues at home.
Information from Berrien RESA, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC all linked here.