Laurel Family Newsletter
Laurel Letter (LL): Week of Sept. 28th
Save the Date!!! Virtual Back to School Night, Wednesday, Sept. 30th
- Mr. Chavarria will cover important information regarding our safe return to in-person instruction.
- There will be a Spanish zoom presentation from 5 to 5:25pm
- The English zoom presentation will be from 5:30 to 5:55pm
- You will receive a follow up email on Monday, Sept. 28 with specific information about getting access to zoom link for Mr. Chavarria's Back to School presentation.
- For your convenience, there will be two sessions.
- One presentation at 6pm and the second presentation at 6:30. You only need to attend one.
- There will be bilingual interpreters helping with translations in each class.
- Your child's teacher will be sharing more details along with the zoom link in the next couple of days for you to access on Wednesday evening.
Student Material distribution-mark your calendar!
We will send you a the student distribution schedule in the next couple of days.
Important: Annual Family Information Form
Parent and guardians, please fill out this Annual Family Information Form to increase our district's opportunity to receive local, state, and federal funding.
On a per student basis for districts like Oceanside, there is increased funding for large concentrations of low-income, English Language Learner and foster student populations. Therefore, we are required to establish and confirm the number of students that represent these categories by having families complete the official Annual Family Information Form.
Our goal is to ensure that Oceanside Unified School District's students receive the maximum amount of funds that we are eligible to receive by completing the Annual Family Information Form linked above.
We greatly appreciate your assistance with enabling us to better serve our students!
For questions or support please call 760-966-4095
Important i-Ready Diagnostic testing : final update
We wanted to thank you for your support and recognize the effort of our students to complete the math and reading diagnostic tests.
School-wide we had a 10% higher average completion rate in both math and reading than the district average!
- 84% complete in Reading
- 81% complete in Math
Teachers will be able to use the results to support students and monitor progress throughout the year. In addition, now that students have completed the diagnostic tests, they will receive personalized online instruction at their level through the i-Ready program.
Please check with your students teacher, if you have any questions.
Dinosaur School is Back, Virtually! Registration still available
Palomar Family Counseling Service is excited to be able to continue to provide Dinosaur School virtually for students K- 3rd grade, which utilizes the Incredible Years Social Skills and Problem-Solving Curriculum.
Some of the topics we discuss and practice in small groups are: Classroom Rules, Understanding and Managing our Feelings, Problem Solving, and Friendly Skills.
- If you are unfamiliar with Dinosaur School, you can go to our YouTube channel, where we will continue to provide weekly lessons throughout the virtual school year: http://www.youtube.com/c/DinoSchool1234.
- Zoom will be used for our small groups, which will meet for 20-30 minutes weekly, and will last from eight-ten weeks.
- In order for your child to participate in small groups, you will need to begin by filling out the following form: https://forms.gle/SQgzuiY1P6T9PiP59
If you have any further questions about Dinosaur School, you can contact me at 760-705-4655 or Emily.Shoots@palomarfamily.org.
Reminder: Personal Tutoring with Virtual Support Teachers
All OUSD students now have have access to evening instructional support.
- There are two ways students can seek support: request individual virtual tutoring appointments between 1:15 PM - 3:45 PM and/or attend open zoom tutoring hours from 4:00 PM -7:30 PM Monday through Friday.
- Click here to visit for tutoring & support: Virtual Support Teacher website
Please check with your child's teacher if you have questions and encourage your students to drop in to ask questions and get support they need.
School Staff & District Help
OUSD Technology Service Desk
Available to students & parents/guardians for assistance with OUSD devices, OUSD account issues, connectivity, and general technical support for teaching & learning
Hours: 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
ITS Site: oside.us/its
Tech Support Site: oside.us/techsupport