Immaculate Conception Cathedral School
ICCS Mission Statement:
The office will be closed July 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
Beginning Monday, August 5th, the office hours will be 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
SUMMER READING REMINDER
Below you will find the 2019 Summer Reading selections for incoming 4th through 8th grade students. Our teachers are looking forward to launching the 2019-2020 school year with these novels. All summer reading should be completed prior to the first day of school, Monday, August 12th.
- 4th Grade Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
- 5th Grade Frindle by Andrew Clements
New this year! ALL Middle School Students (6th, 7th and 8th Graders) will do a whole novel study on Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine in addition to their grade level summer study. Students should read both Mockingbird and the novel listed below.
- 6th Grade The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani
- 7th Grade Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys or Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- 8th Grade Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
ICCS uniforms must be purchased through Southern Drifter, located inside the Prien Lake Mall. Business hours are: Mondays - Saturdays 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Phone: (337) 602-6668.
A few key dress code reminders:
- Socks must be white and regular crew length only (no logo)
- SHOES: No "light-up" shoes, no boots or high tops allowed. Tennis shoes are predominately white, black or gray with matching shoelaces. All students (PK-8) are required to wear only tennis shoes specified above.
- Acceptable uniform outerwear includes the black ICCS cardigan, the black ICCS sweatshirt or the black ICCS fleece. This policy applies to all grade levels. The outerwear items are available at Southern Drifter.
- MASS DAYS: Boys must wear pants and girls must wear skirts or jumpers.
- Hair must be neat, clean and combed without color enhancement or hair design that distracts from the learning environment. Boys hair length must be above the top of the shirt collar with bangs above the eyebrows, sideburns above the earlobes and no hair overhanging the top of the ear.
6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 4:
New Panther Picnic (For new ICCS families and students)
4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Cool Pops & Class Lists (For all ICCS students and families)
Monday, August 12:
First Day of School
PK & K Half Day (Girls Only)
Tuesday, August 13:
PK & K Half Day (Boys Only)
Wednesday, August 14:
PK Half Day (Boys & Girls)
Thursday, August 15:
Feast of the Assumption & July/August Birthday Mass
8:30 a.m., Gym
Blessing of Classrooms
Wednesday, August 21:
School Board Meeting
5:30 p.m., Cathedral
Thursday, August 22:
PTO Meeting & From Your Student's Desk Night