Bellevue West HAL
Support Services and Communication for Students and Parents
Need to Know
- HAL STUDENT MENTORS needed for Freshmen First Day on Thursday, August 11
New next year, we will be meeting with all freshmen HAL students during their first day back on Thursday, August 11. We would love to have a current HAL students hold small group discussions regarding the HAL Services in high school. We would meet with you before the end of the school year to develop the talking points. You would need to be available to come to school on August 11 at the end of the day during the students' GPS time. We may also use these mentors in various other capacities throughout the school year. This would be a great way to get involved and develop your leadership skills. Fill out the form below if you are interested.
- GPS Services
Mrs. Menard (Room 366/Science) and Mrs. Brewer (Room 115/English), the HAL coordinators at Bellevue West, are here to provide support to students and parents in terms of classroom differentiation, college preparation and social/emotional needs. Room 351 will be used every day during GPS to provide these services.
HAL STUDENT MENTOR APPLICATION FORM
AP TEST SCHEDULE
Just a reminder that the Health Room (room 351) is available during gps if you and a group of your friends would like to hold AP study sessions. Just see Mrs. Menard (room 366) or Mrs. Brewer (room 115) for a pass to excuse you from your gps.
Monday, May 2: Chemistry (AM) and Psychology (PM)
Tuesday, May 3: Computer Science A (AM) and Physics 1 (PM)
Wednesday, May 4: English 12: Literature and Composition (AM) and Physics 2 (PM)
Thursday, May 5: Calculus AB and Calculus BC (AM)
Friday, May 6: US History (AM)
Monday, May 9: Biology (AM)
Tuesday, May 10: Government (AM)
Wednesday, May 11: English 11: Language and Composition (AM)
Thursday, May 12: World History (AM) and Statistics (PM)
Semester Test Open Study Hall
Tuesday, May 16, 4:00-7:00 in the library at Bellevue West.
This will be a “coffee shop” type of atmosphere. Get your group of friends together to come in for questions, study groups, and just a place to relax with resources available. There will be teachers available from each department to assist you as you prepare for Semester Finals.
Semester Finals: Tips and Schedule
- Start reviewing for finals now. Do not wait and try to “cram” all the information into your head in one night. A cummulative final exam can count for up to 10% of your semester grade.
- If your teacher provides study or review guides, work on them as soon as they are provided to you. Write things out and don't just look at notes.
- Have a parent or friend quiz you on information you believe will be on the exam. Make flashcards for vocabulary words and carry them with you. You can review them when you are waiting for some activity to begin. A few minutes at a time can make a big difference on exam day.
- Get a good night’s sleep before your exams! Staying up very late the night before an exam will only make it more difficult for you to remember things and process your answers. Sleep deprivation is not the answer to doing well on your finals!
Tips listed above from Vernon Hills High School website: http://vhhscougars.org/story/final-exam-schedule-and-study-tips
- ACT/SAT Information -ACT Test Dates: 6/11 (register by 5/6), 9/10 (register by 8/5)
- Deadline for Gallup's GET HIP internship program for High School is May 15!
Get more info at http://gallupgethip.com/what-is-gallups-get-hip/
-register on www.actstudent.org
-SAT Test Dates: 5/7 (register by 4/8), 6/4 (register by 5/5)
-register on www.collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat
-Online Test Preparation
www.mystudentedge.com (code: NWPPHCWP)