Bailey Blue- 3rd Period
How does it effect you?
- anxiety attacks arise from visiting farm or area chickens are in
- constantly avoid chickens, whether they are dead or alive
- nausea or stomach problems when seeing a picture or encountering a chicken
How do you get it?
- traumatic experience with chicken such as: being attacked or seeing an attack
- traumatic experience with birds in general such as: being attacked or seeing an attack by a bird
- develops fear in childhood for no reason and as you grow older the fear grows stronger
This man now most likely will develop a fear of chicken because the situation was very traumatic for him as you can see below...
CHICKEN ATTACKS MAN !
- meditation to relax oneself and lower the overall fear
- learning to tolerate and control fear when it arises, this is done by seeing images or encountering a chicken and learning to calm oneself
- therapist changes patients thoughts about chickens so their fear will begin to go away
- medication like benzodiazepines (this a last resort and is not recommended due to side effects)
- thinking about where the fear started to remodel the memory to make it seem not so traumatic to patient