State Comp Ed and Title 4 Updates
Mark Ybarra, Region 6 Education Service Center
Here are some upcoming trainings hosted at Region 6 ESC.
State Compensatory Education Announcement
2019 - 2020 Changes and Announcements
Here are some changes to State Comp Ed for the 2019-2020 school year:
- At-risk criteria changed to 14. See below.
- State Comp Ed funding is allowed for educationally disadvantaged students, dyslexia students, and life skills programming (i.e. goal setting, character-building).
- Texas Education Agency State Comp Ed link: https://tea.texas.gov/texas-schools/support-risk-schools-and-students/state-compensatory-education.
- 2018-2019 District and Campus Improvement Plans due to TEA through TEAL on July 6, 2020.
- Districts in the SCE Fee Service please send me your plans and SCE budgets if you have not done so already.
- Districts not in the SCE Fee Service, please contact me if you would like to join for the 2020 - 2021 school year.
Upcoming Crisis Prevention Institute Training
ACET (Association for Compensatory Educators of Texas)
The statewide organization that provides information and resources for educators working with educationally disadvantaged Texas students. The Spring 2020 Conference is April 28, 2020 - April 30, 2020. This is a great opportunity for Business Managers and anyone who works with Federal or State Programs. For more information visit: http://www.acetx.org