Mrs. Bryant's Counseling Corner
Waddell Language Academy 4th-6th grade school counselor
About Mrs. Bryant
Waddell School Counseling Mission Statement
· All students have potential.
· All students deserve access to school counseling.
· All students deserve a safe learning environment.
· All students deserve opportunities to develop their skills, build upon their strengths and explore their interests.
What exactly does a school counselor do?
At Waddell this looks like classroom guidance lessons, small group counseling sessions, and individual sessions to help support our students. I also help students and families who may experience crises or challenges at home or at school. I may work with students who are in need of academic success, test taking or study skills, learning styles, anger management, grief, behavior success within the school and/or at home, and college and career exploration to name a few.
I can also make outside agency referrals if a student or family may be in need of community support, intensive therapeutic services, and/or outside counseling. I also collaborate with the collaborative student support team and teachers with Multi-tiered System of Supports (MTSS/ RtI) Tier III plans, development of 504 plans, and parent teacher conferences.
4-6 Grade Counseling Curriculum
- Friendly Behavior is Respectful Behavior
- How to Make Friends and Keep them
- Difference between bullying and being mean
- Ways to report and refuse bullying
- Time management/ organization/ study skills
- Moving up to Middle School
- Understanding Differences
- Learning Style
- College Exploration
- Career Exploration
Topics are often coordinated with our school's monthly character trait:
December-Caring and Kindness
January-Justice and Fairness
Some Counseling Resources
Youtube movie: How to Unmake a Bully
For Parents and Teachers: