PHS Parent Bulletin--January 2021
PHS Mission & Vision
Vision: To be a campus of EXPERT educators that work together to positively impact individual lives and improve our community by having 100% of our students graduate high school with a written actionable post-secondary plan.
Happy New Year, PHS Parents! I hope that this new year is off to a great start for your family.
We were so excited to be able to bring nearly all of our students back on campus Wednesday for face to face instruction. It was a joyous day for our PHS staff members because we saw so many wonderful student faces that we were missing. We will continue with our social distancing and cleaning protocols to ensure the health & safety of students, staff members, and all extended family members. I am very proud of how well our students and staff members have adjusted to the new procedures this year. I know you would be proud and amazed at the excellent job our students have done of wearing their masks, social distancing, and helping with the campus cleaning protocols. Thank you, parents, for supporting your student(s) and our school. Please check out the important reminders about changes to campus procedures in light of COVID-19.
- Monday, January 18th--Staff development; No school for students
- Wednesday, January 27th--Semester Exams for Periods 1, 3, 5, 7 (10% of final grade)
- Thursday, January 28th--Semester Exams for Periods 2, 4, 6, 8 (10% of final grade)
- Friday, January 29th--End of 3rd Six Weeks & End of 1st Semester
- Monday, February 1st--Beginning of 4th Six Weeks
- Monday, February 15th--Staff development; No school students
- Saturday, February 20th--Junior/Senior Prom @ Las Fuentes by Emporium (see below)
- March 8-12--Spring Break
Lastly, please take a minute to complete a quick form to recognize a PHS staff member. Receiving a word of praise from a parent is one of the highest compliments an educator can receive. Follow this link to give a staff member a shoutout. Please feel free to contact me directly at my email link below if you have any questions specific to high school or suggestions for improvement.
Twila M. Guajardo
Junior/Senior Prom...To be or not to be?
- We are still planning to host prom on Saturday, February 20th @ 8:00 p.m.
- Location: Las Fuentes by Emporium, 11624 Culebra Road, San Antonio
- Currently the venue is operating at 50% capacity.
- All attendees will be required to wear face masks that cover their nose, mouth, and chin.
- Additional safety and sanitizing protocols will be utilized.
As we all know, this plan is subject to change, but we think it is important to move forward with our plans to host a prom so that our students can have the experience. We will closely monitor the conditions and communicate any changes to students and parents as soon as possible.
We recognize the uncertainty makes committing financial resources to an event like prom difficult for families. For tips on saving money when planning for prom click here.
Connect with us on Facebook and help us tell the world about our awesome PHS students and staff members! We are on a mission to give voice to and shine a light on all the positive things that our students and staff members do each day.