#KSD Ready & Resilient
Update from Kuna Superintendent Wendy Johnson
- Above & Beyond: Showcasing our teachers in the pandemic
- Expanding access for parents to watch home games in person
- Developmental preschool screening Feb. 5
- Update on our Board's effort to change law to allow school districts to assess impact fees on growth
- New COVID data dashboards
It's been a busy week as we welcomed back staff and students for the second half of an unusual school year.
Above & Beyond: Showcasing our teachers in the pandemic
Expanding access for parents to watch home games in person
We are excited to share that we can allow a limited number of parents at our home games.
Across the SIC, only home spectators will be allowed to attend in person. Visitors will be able to watch via online services (see below). Your student athlete will have more information about tickets for parents.
We can do this during a time of substantial community spread of COVID thanks to a plan from Idaho Gov. Brad Little and the State Board of Education. The plan outlines the safety steps we must take to allow two spectators per athlete to attend in person. Those steps include:
Face coverings are required at all times
Non-household individuals must sit 12 feet apart
Facilities must be cleaned between games
Access to facilities must be controlled to limit group gatherings
The state plan also establishes consequences when spectators don’t follow the safety plan including forfeiting games and ultimately the opportunity to play.
We’re excited to welcome you back. We appreciate your patience as we implement these safety protocols.
Two options to watch games:
- KHS Athletics YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZgmnz-39bhgCWVODrGewGA
- NFHS Network Subscription Service: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/kuna-high-school-kuna-id
Weekly COVID reports replaced with data dashboards
Information about staff and teacher absences in our school related to COVID