April 15th Pony News
Building a Brighter Future!
2018-2019 Campus Mission and Vision
Perseverance and Resilience
As we finish our last six weeks of this school year, let's lead our future leaders into success. Lead by example by staying positive and not giving up. Talk to our students about the power of perseverance and resilience. Believe in them, and remain On the Side of Hope. Let's continue building brighter futures!
Together we can!
Staff Learning April 17th
Staff Learning (4/17) Agenda:
- Restorative Practices and snacks- 5th grade (10 Minutes)
- Retention Procedures
- Pinks and Blues (2019-2020 class rosters)
- Review of Panorama survey
Summer Learning Info
As you plan your summer learning, below are a couple of helpful reminders:
- NEW FOR THIS SUMMER! All teachers of record for Language Arts will be REQUIRED to complete 2 sessions for a total of 6 hours in order to implement NEW TEKS and NEW curricular materials. See table below and in catalog. These count as AUGUST TRADE CREDIT.
- Time for Literacy - 4 follow up sessions will be required for teachers during scheduled campus days with Learning Facilitators throughout 2019-20 to assist with job embedded implementation of new LA standards
- All summer courses open in Eduphoria on April 15th at 7:00AM
- Eduphoria is the best way to find and register for any course. For assistance, please view this video on how to find courses in Eduphoria
- Details about August trade credit can be found HERE
- Details about November trade credit can be found HERE
- To see who is eligible for August trade credit, please click HERE
- If you are not able to attend a trade session, you are required to attend the official elementary teacher trade day on Monday, August 5 found here – all day attendance is required
- Any August Trade credit that exceeds 6 hours will automatically roll over to November trade credit by Professional Learning
- Summer Trade Courses are also available for November Trade Credit. These courses are designed to enhance professional learning beyond the content specific curriculum
- The catalogs attached are also linked to the Professional Learning website HERE
- The titles in these catalogs match the titles listed in Eduphoria
Our Pony Week
- New Teacher Meeting
Tuesday, April 16th
- TEKS & ELPS Collab. 3rd, 4th, K
- Boys LWAL
Wednesday, April 17th
- Dress for Success
- Technology LF
- Staff Learning 3:15 - 4:30
Thursday, April 18th
- McDonald's Night
Friday, April 19th
- HOLIDAY/ No School
- No School / BAD WEATHER Make-up Day
- Marla T. Rodriguez BD
Tuesday, April 23rd:
- Multicultural Week
- Provisional GT Reassessment
- TEKS & ELPS Collab. 2nd, 5th, 1st
- Lang. Arts K-2 LF on campus
Wednesday, April 24th
- Multicultural Week
- Dress for Success Day
- Administrative Professionals Day
- Learning Leaders (Principal)
- Vertical Alignment Mtgs.
- Antoinette Boston BD
Thursday, April 25th
- Girls LWAL
- PTA + Kindergarten Program + Multicultural Night
Friday, April 26th
- Multicultural Week ends
Butler - For helping with LEAD Computer steps.
Diaz for always making copies for Spanish IPS.
Ms. Lawson for your amazing organization for STAAR. You ROCK!
Specials Team for your efforts to provide fifth graders with a positive behavior incentive activity.
Mrs. Valdes, Coach W., Coach Green, and Mrs. Hernandez for dancing and having fun with the Students of the Month.
Mrs. Kilam for the good behavior your class exhibits in the hallways.
Mrs. Valdes for everything you do behind the scenes for our school. You are an "unsung" hero for our ponies.
Ms. Paris and Ms. Bernal for sharing your students' positive growth in IPS.
- Mr. Thomas - I am so grateful for the rescue! You are so thoughtful!!!
- Ms. Silvia for her continued support during daycare dismissal. Thank you for helping when Ms. Oden & Ms. Maurier are not around.
- Mr. Colon and Mrs. McNamara for intervening with a student in the gym during dismissal. Your help was sincerely appreciated.
- Ms. Lawson and Mrs. Burleson for a great STAAR week.
- Ms. Lawson, Mrs. Burleson, Ms. Bernal, Mrs. Carlson, Ms. Davis, Mrs. Cichy, Mrs. Gray, Mr. Ledesma and Ms. Becker for coming to the job fair on Saturday. Your dedication to our campus is amazing. YOU ROCK!
Happy April Birthdays
- Rachael Myers - April 1st
- Lacey Troyer- April 3rd
- Robert Reed - April 5th
- Taryn Hackworth - April 10th
- Venita Blake - April 10th
- Sharica Jones - April 11th
- Marla Rodriguez - April 22nd
- Antoinette Boston - April 24th