Cordelia Hills Staff Update
Short but Important--Please Read
Dino "Conquering" All Tech Issues
*Please remember this is only to collect baseline data. I LET parents know that.
*Also, please have your kids check there computer/device a day before testing: have students type in the search bar : check.nwea.org If the device says- not passed check -Have kids push- Control/Shift/0- and wait a minute. This should fix their resolution so you can move on.
*You may want to test in SMALLER groups and push out asynchronous work for the remainder of the day. That way you can let students who need "extra" time get the "extra" time. Please make sure your parents are aware of your test schedule!
*Please remember if you are anxious/worried and or frustrated with the set up of the testing- to kids will pick up on that and feel anxious/frustrated too. IT is fine to stop and resume another day. The window has been extended to Sept 18th.
I think we can ALL agree and Appreciate - COMPUTERS CAN BE FRUSTRATING
I know it is time consuming and that it doesn't always encapsulate the true engagement of our students. I'd like to say that attendance accounting and our engagement of our students are TWO different things. Please reach out to those that are not really meeting our expectations for learning. Remember, the approach is how can we better help them in this format. Doubling down on our tendencies to weaponize attendance typically don't turn out well. I am willing to help in any way possible (calls, mail, messages, supplies, computers, etc.)
Chromebook Distribution/Chromebook Repairs/HOT SPOTS
CB distribution Is still underway to new families. Email MailyW@fsusd.org or have families email her. She will arrange a time for pick-up. Some families are using their own and that is okay. Originally, we thought MAP would have to take place on a District device but we now know that isn't true. Chromebook or Laptop are preferred over an iPad.
We are experiencing a large number of Chromebook breaks with the ones newly delivered by TSS. Have families fill this form out: https://forms.gle/TtGPwfx5wcbHiH4G6 Maily will receive the form and will arrange a time for pick-up/repair.
If a family needs internet support, one option is a hotspot. If you have a family that needs a hotspot, please email me We are closing in on the end of current hotspot capacity but I will add names to the distribution I currently have requests from several of you but am waiting on the actual hotspots to be delivered so thank you for the patience!
Remember, we can't request that they HAVE to print materials. Also, packets/paper can't substitute for Daily Live Interaction. Sending a packet of work home won't cut it for participation in distance learning. It can only be a supplement to the robust learning you are giving online.
- Mandated Reporter via Target Solutions
- Coronavirus 101: What You Need to Know via Target Solutions
- Basic Pest Management in Office/Classroom via California Department of Pesticide Regulation **This is only required if you would like to use sanitizing/disinfecting spray/wipes in your work area.
There will be time on the first workday but I know some of you would rather just get them done now. You don't need to alert me to their completion as the system tracks that. I would keep a certificate or screenshot in case someone doesn't believe you finished them.
Site Safety Protocols
2. Please complete the self-screener before coming in to campus. You don't need to submit the screener each time. Please notify me if you are ill.
3. All staff must wear a mask at all times while working at their work stations or in classrooms with others. A mask must be worn by classified staff even when they are socially distanced. Staff who is working alone in a room or building may take their mask off.
4. While staff are working and having conversations with one another, ensure they maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing and are wearing a mask.
5. Staff Lounge may be used to warm up food or to store food (currently). Please wear a mask and distance in the lounge.
6. Please contact the office before entering.
7. The staff workroom is accessible but please wear a mask and remember to distance.