August 31, 2015
This Week At Parkview
- Red Day
- College shirts and jeans
- Kinder letter/sound screener starts
- 3:10 ELAR teachers meet with Angela Kennedy in library, bring laptop
- 6:00pm, PTA carnival committee meeting
- Orange Day
- Epps mtg 9:30-11
- 3:10 pm, Sunshine Commitee mtg in Cortez's room
- 3:45 pm, Kinder and 1st report card review mtg, Hafley
Wednesday, September 2nd
- Yellow Day
- Fire Drill, 8:00 am
- Epps mtg 9:30
- 3:10-4:10 pm, vertical team meetings in library
Thursday, September 3rd
- Green Day
- Epps mtg 11:00-1:30 at CSEM
- Family Picnic moved to 9/15 at 6pm
- Blue Day
- District Wide College Shirt/colors day
- Mom breakfast, 7 am
Coming Up Next Week!
- NO School, Labor Day
- Purple day
- Collaboration begins, 7:30 am, 1st and 5th grades
- PTA board mtg, 6:00 pm
- Brown day
- Collaboration Kinder 7:30 am
- 3:10-4:10 pm, Writing coach presenting to all ELAR teachers
- Black or White day
- Collaboration 3rd gr 7:30 am
- 6:00 pm and 6:45 pm, Kinder and 5th curriculum night
- Pink or gray day
- Collaboration 4th gr 7:30 am
- ICLE consultant on campus--will work with 2nd, 4th, and 5th for 2.5 hrs each (subs will be provided for your class during that time)
Coming Up Soon!
9/14 grades due by 8:00 am
9/14 1st grade curriculum night, 6:00 and 6:45 pm
9/15 All school picnic and PTA meeting, Kona Ice will be here
9/16 Staff meeting, 3:15-4:15
9/17 Constitution Day
9/17 Progress Reports go home
9/17 2nd and 3rd grade curriculum nights 6:00 and 6:45 pm
9/23 Team Lead mtg, 3:10
10/2 Dad breakfast, 7 am
10/2 Early release, 11:40 am; staff development and staff picture
10/5-7 Fifth grade to Sky Ranch
10/10 PTA Fall Carnival, 3-6 pm
10/15 Fourth grade to Austin
There are precious few Einsteins among us. Most brilliance arises from ordinary people working together in extraordinary ways. -Roger von Oech
The Compliance Bundle is due by September 11th. Please be sure you have printed your certificate and brought it to me when you finish.
Attendance must be taken at 10:00 am. The bell has been adjusted to ring at 10 am, as of today. Warm body count will continue through this week and must be hung by your door no later than 10:15 am.
The father of our night custodian, Aida, passed away late last week in the Philippines. There will be a card to sign this week.
Thank you to Linda Ward and Deby Stephenson for subbing in the computer lab and in Dinh's room respectively. We appreciate your help!
Thank you to each of our classroom teachers for eating in the cafeteria this last week while the kids learned the routines and expectations. We are in the process of looking for two more lunch monitors, but will continue to always have one to two teachers on duty in the cafeteria as well. The relationship and expectations of the teacher just cannot be replaced by our monitors, no matter how much we like them! If you know of someone interested in being a monitor, please let Mr. Nuss know.