2nd Hand News
2nd grade has been busy inside and out. Fall activities have included parent projects, Big Friend-Little Friend get togethers, gardening, cooking, Halloween festivities, a pumpkin patch visit, going back in time to the Lenape Village, and making "bark" for their Lynx Clan Longhouse! Math skills have focused on place value, making Really Big Numbers, expanded notation, addition with regrouping, and making and taking original quizzes. Next up: subtraction with regrouping. Language arts has included multiple suffixes and identifying them in text, and introducing how to "scoop" and code multisyllabic words. The question of when to use an apostrophe and contractions has been addressed, and the current vote count on the Oxford Comma is 2 for and 6 against. The children have eagerly participated in learning about the Lenape through literature and hands-on activities. They wrote wonderful original Native American Legends and Halloween My Monster stories.
A FEW THINGS:
- Bundle up! The weather outside can be frightful on some days. Please send in mittens, hats, etc. for recess when necessary.
- Please send in library books on Thursdays.
- For regular 5-day weeks, spelling activities are due on Thursday and math HW is due on Friday. There may be adjustments for shorter weeks.
- If your child needs a new HW froggy folder, they can just ask.
- Thanksgiving Break is 11/22-11/27. Enjoy this season with your families.
Enjoy the pictures!