(Madam C.J. Walker)
- they were slaves
- its important becuase many people thought that the children of slaves would be the same as their parents.
- she proved them wrong.
- her own hair products
- she invented and made money
1st Woman To...
- become self-made millionaire
- because of her products
- first women to do something
- National Women’s Hall of Fame, Seneca Falls, NY, 1993.
- aa woman got an award
- National Association of Colored Women.
- made donations to the National Association of Colored People (NAACP), the Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA), and helped fund the effort to buy and protect the home of Frederick Douglass in Washington,
- a lot of her money was for good
- she wasnt arrogant
- voice to political causes on a local and national scale
- woman who let her voice be heard
historic landmarks in her name
- The Villa Lewaro, located in Irvington, New York,
- the Madam Walker Theater Center in Indianapolis, Indiana