Invigorating the Educational Spirit
WE ARE A STEAM SCHOOL
STEAM stands for "Science, Technology, Education, Art, and Math"
Ardmore Elementary School's Motto is:
Be Ready! Be Responsible! Be Respectful!
December 2016 Volume 2 Issue 4
December 19 & 20 - ACCESS Readiness Check
December 19 - Cookies 'n Cocoa Concert (PreK, K, and 1st)
December 20 - Cookies 'n Cocoa Concert (2nd and 3rd Grades)
December 21 - Cookies 'n Cocoa Concert (3rd and 4th Grades)
December 22 - Cookies 'n Cocoa Concert (5th and 6th Grades)
December 20 - Hard Bargain Farm Trip (5th Grades)
December 21 - Second Quarter Progress Reports Released
December 23 - Winter Break -- Christmas Holidays (School Closed)
December 26-30 - Winter Break (School Closed)
January 2 - Winter Break - New Year's Holiday (School Closed)
January 9 - March 3 - ACCESS Test Administration
January 16 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day Holiday (School Closed)
January 19 - End of Second Quarter
January 19 - FAST 2 Science (5th Grade)
January 20 - Grading/Teacher Planning (School Closed for Students)
February 2 - Second Quarter Report Cards Released)
February 10 - Professional Development (School Closed for Students)
February 20 - President's Day (School Closed)
WINTER BREAK PACKET 2016
Winter Break Packet - Answer Keys - Available January 3, 2017
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails will be checked from December 16 - December 22, 2016, and then again after January 2, 2017.
Start of school will be two hours later than normal time. It may be necessary to delay the opening of school due to inclement weather, dangerous road conditions, and other emergency situations.
Listen for announcements before 6:30 am via a number of radio stations, including Channel 96.
You may also find this information on the PGCPS school system’s web page -- www.pgcps.org
Two Hour Delay - Schools will begin two hours later than normal.
- There will be NO work-study transportation. (Those students should NOT report to school.)
- There will be no half-day Early Childhood Center (ECC), half-day Special Education Programs, or half-day PreK.
- Any school program requiring transportation prior to 12 noon will NOT have transportation, including Howard B. Owens Science Center.
- All field trips will be cancelled.
- Food Services will offer breakfast.
A delayed opening has no effect on dismissal time unless announced.
EARLY CLOSING FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER, EMERGENCIES, AND OTHER PROBLEMS
- Dismissal of schools prior to the regular closing time
- The announcement will be made prior to 10:15 a.m., if possible.
- When the announcement is made for early closing, please be aware of dismissal time.
- All ECC half-day students will remain in school and transported home with the regular afternoon dismissal.
- All after-school activities and events will be cancelled, including athletic games and practices.
- Food Services will provide lunch.
Joy, Keyanna, Jayden, Alana, Luka
Fabio, Eliana, Paul
Jelani, Morgan, Taylor
Marcus, Kerleece, Elijah
Hannah, Ava, Nia
Kyle, Jessica, Ayanna