By Mabel Malloy 7C
What is cell theory?
In biology cell theory is a scientific theory, that describes the properties of cells, the basic unit of structure in every living thing. All cells come from pre-existing cells and all living organisms have cells.
What is a cell?
This is a picture showing unicellular, this is of a prokaryote cell which is a type of bacteria
This is a picture of a human cell, a human cell has many cells
This is a picture cell theory which is explained to be a Cork Micrographia
What is the difference between an animal and a plant cell?
What are Microscopes?
What is the difference between a wet and dry mount slide?
The procedure for a wet mount:
- Place a drop of water on the centre of the slide. It is also possible to first place the sample on the slide, but small samples usually separate more easily from the tweezers or needle if dipped into the drop of water.
- Place the sample into the drop of water and if the sample floats, add another drop of water on top of it. This decreases the chances of air bubbles forming.
- Carefully lower the cover glass so that it touches with one side the drop of water. The cover slip should form an angle of about 45° with the slide. Touch the cover glass on the sides only to prevent finger prints. Alternatively, use tweezers to hold the cover glass.
- Then lower the cover slip completely. Placing the cover slip at an angle that prevents the formation of air-bubbles.
- Remove excess water with a filter paper/tissue paper.