Mindfulness-Based SEL in Action
Note from the Editors
If you find yourself with questions related to mindfulness or SEL we would be happy to help. Be sure to check out our upcoming learning opportunities in MLP/ MyLearningPlan for updates.
We invite you to share this newsletter with others who may benefit from all that is here. :-)
Liane & Kate
Reaching back to a March posting from We Are Teachers, you will find ten powerful ways to help support a student's emotional regulation. How do you prepare students for the upcoming assembly versus a math test? Click the picture to explore all ten practices.
Howard Moody brings joy and connection with the activities in his book The Heart of Play: Games Manual. Take the opportunity to EXPERIENCE some of these games when he joins Anna O'Shaughnessy for our upcoming training on March 16th--see the information below to sign-up and click the picture to check out his book.
How do we help students grapple with ethical decision making? Do we offer ample opportunities to practice and embody this skill? Checkout this powerful article and resources collected by Cornell University's Robert J. Sternburg by clicking on the image above.
When your body is cared for, you are better able to deal with emotions.
- I choose to be happy.
- I choose to disconnect and detach with love.
- I choose to be mindful.
- I choose to make time for sleep.
- I choose to get outside and get moving.
- I choose to be grateful.
- I choose what to overlook.
- I choose the battles worth fighting.
- I choose what to do next time and what to stop doing.
- I choose to enjoy the relationships that matter.
- I choose to schedule and prioritize what really matters.
- No matter how the school year started, I choose to finish well.