April 11, 2016
Events and Announcements
Student Organization Recognition Awards 2016
- As some of you know, at the end of the semester we recognize and honor various student groups, leaders, and advisors based on their performance and representation during the 2015-2016 school year. The awards honor different aspects and qualities that an organization and/or club sport should embody. Along with being recognized for your accomplishments, winners will also receive professional development stipends ranging from $100-$1000.
- Be sure to fill out an Awards Scholarship Application to nominate an organization, advisor, or individual within an organization for their above and beyond participation this year. Winners will be announced at the Student Leader and Organization Recognition Reception on Monday, May 2, 2016. Please turn in completed applications to the Student Activities Office (Student Center 28) or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 11 at 5pm.
Post Greek Week Survey
- Please take a few moments to fill out this survey regarding this year's Greek Week. We're looking to improve as much as we can!
- To fill out the survey, click HERE
Greek of the Week
- Nominate members from any chapter that show great leadership skills and create a positive impact in the Greek Community. Greek of the Week recipients will be awarded a certificate and a t-shirt!
- HERE is a link to the nomination form.
Student Body Officer Elections
- CLICK HERE to vote.
- Voting is open until tomorrow, Tuesday, April 12 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
- You must be a current Bradley student to vote.
- For more information on the candidates, click HERE.
Teacher of the Semester Award
- Feel free to fill out this quick nomination FORM and you and your teacher will have the chance to be chosen to go to a free dinner sponsored by Bradley's Fraternity and Sorority Life!
- Applications are due on Monday, April 18. The recipients will be chosen that week. The dinner will be held the following week, date TBD.
Foster Week: Presented by the Dean's Student Advisory Council
- A week dedicated to collaboration and the development of community among students in the Foster College of Business taking place today through Friday, April 15.
- Events all week are sponsored by Bradley's business organizations.
- For information on all of the events, please check out our FACEBOOK PAGE.
- Any questions? Contact Dave Jensen at email@example.com.
UIFI Informational Meeting
- Today, Monday, April 11 from 7pm-8pm in the Student Center Executive Suite
- The Undergraduate Interfraternity Institute® (UIFI®) is a five day institute that brings together fraternity men and sorority women from across North America to create opportunities to explore, define, and enhance their leadership skills, personal awareness, commitment to their fraternity or sorority, and grow to expect values based action from themselves and those they lead. At UIFI®, you will be given the skills to improve your own leadership abilities and positively affect your chapter, council, and community.
- To learn more: http://www.nicindy.org/undergraduate-interfraternity-institute.html
Cards for Kids
- On Monday and Tuesday, April 11 and 12, stop by the Student Center from 11am-2pm to make a card for a child at the Children's Hospital of Illinois.
Pinwheels for Prevention
- Tuesday, April 12-Thursday, April 14 outside of Bradley Hall from 11am-3pm
- Come and help our garden grow with Pinwheels for Prevention. Sigma Delta Tau will be selling pinwheels for $1 each to support Prevent Child Abuse America. Garden will be there as well during that time.
Sociology Club's PrivilegeWalk
- Tuesday, April 12 from 5-6pm on the Olin Quad
- This will be an event on Olin quad, where certain comments will be read and students will have the opportunity to check/ know their privilege as well as recognize others. There will be a discussion afterwards to talk about the implications of this.
3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
- Wednesday, April 13 from 6:30pm to 8pm in the Markin Recreation Center. Team Check-In will begin at 5pm.
- Show us what you got at our 3v3 basketball tournament that wraps up our joint philanthropy week! The entry fee will be $15/team. First place winner will receive a $75 gift card of their choice. Second place will receive $15.
- HERE is the link to sign-up.
- All proceeds will benefit the Children's Hospital of Illinois and the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
Circle of Sisterhood Bake Sale
- Thursday, April 14 from 12-3pm outside of Bradley Hall
- This bake sale will benefit the National PanHellenic Council's philanthropy, the Circle of Sisterhood. 100% of the proceeds will go to the organization.
- Greater Peoria Area Fellowship of Christian Athletes presents Christian hip hop artist, songwriter, and record producer LeCrae at Bradley's Renaissance Coliseum on Sunday, April 17 at 7pm. Grammy winner LeCrae has 7 best-selling albums, including his most recent, Anomaly, which debuted at #1 with Billboard 200 this September. His story has been highlighted in Rolling Stone Magazine. He's performed on The Tonight Show, hosted the Dove Awards, and regularly mentors a number of professional athletes. MTV characterized him as the "evolution of hip hop", while his message remains true to his beliefs of inspiration and faith.
- General admission tickets are $35 and can be purchased online at www.PeoriaFCA.org/lecrae-concert or at the Renaissance Coliseum.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 642-1105.
- For the flier, click HERE.
Derby Days: Dodgeball Tournament
- On Monday, April 18 from 9pm-11pm in the Markin Performance Court
- For our philanthropy week, we will be hosting a dodgeball tournament. There will be a men's and women's bracket. Each team will be comprised of 5 people. The costs is $20 to make a team, which will go directly to our philanthropy: Huntsman Cancer Institute.
- Open to all non-greeks as well.
Derby Days: Slim Chickens Night
- On Tuesday, April 19 from 11am-9pm at Slim Chickens in East Peoria
- Attend Slim Chickens with the flyer and 15% of your sales will be donated to our philanthropy, Huntsman Cancer Institute.
- The FLYER must be brought in for your sales to be donated.
- Wednesday, April 20 from 7pm-8pm in Marty Theatre.
- Cassetta will be speaking about women's empowerment, self-confidence, and personal safety.
- For more information, visit her website.
Sigma Kappa Taco Dinner
- Thursday, April 21, 2016 from 4pm to 8pm at the Sigma Kappa house
- This event is $5 for endless tacos! The proceeds from this event will be going to the Sigma Kappa Foundation to then be disbursed among our four philanthropies: Maine Sea Coast Mission, Inherit the Earth, Gerontology, and Alzheimers.
- It will be a fun event with music, tacos, and prizes!
Leadership Studies Minor
The Bradley University Leadership Studies minor is designed to provide students the information, experience and opportunities necessary for them to gain an in-depth knowledge of the theory and practice of leadership. The Leadership Studies Minor (LSM) offers quality, practical, and challenging coursework for students wishing to enhance their leadership potential and development. This 18 credit program consists of 9 credits of core classes, (EHC 200 Introduction to Leadership Studies – 3 credits, EHC 300 Advanced Leadership – 3 credits, and EHC 486 Leadership Practicum), six credits in elective courses, and three credits in various topics in leadership (social justice, women in leadership, coaching & mentoring, pop culture, and many others).
A minor in Leadership Studies at Bradley University is an excellent addition to any student’s major. The addition of a minor allows students to learn how various leaders respond to the challenges and complexities of managing projects and individuals.
For questions, or to learn more, contact Jessica Chandler at email@example.com.
Student Scholarship EXPO Presentation Practice
Office of Sponsored Programs and the Center for Teaching Excellence and Learning
- Wednesday, April 13 from 5pm-7pm in the Renaissance Coliseum, pre-registration not necessary.
- This year for the Student Scholarship EXPO we will be offering a practice presentation session the night before the actual event. Volunteers will come and listen to a five to seven minute presentation so that the student presenters can practice presenting to a team before they must present to the judge teams. Pizza and refreshments will be provided for all who volunteer.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IFC, PanHell, and NPHC Council Survey
- HERE is the link to the survey to be completed. Let us know how we are doing as your Greek Life councils. If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Schwartz.
- The IFC and PHC chapters will an 80% or more response rate will receive a prize.
- Between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m., stop by Markin Recreation Center in Room 30 on Study Day for this great event!
- Massage therapists will be giving 5 minute chair massages to all persons attending. Healthy snacks and positive mental health tips about the stresses of finals will be provided.
- No registration is needed for this event.
The HUMANe 5k Race seeking Volunteers
- Sunday, May 1 at Bradley Park
- Volunteers will help with traffic flow, pass out water during the race, pass out water and snacks at the post race event, and other random duties.
- Contact Brittany Barnes at email@example.com or (309)682-9015
- Want to find out more about the race? Visit www.peoriahs.org
Questions? Start with your council officers!
- Have a question about recruitment, Greek Week, or anything else?
- Reach out to your council officers - they are masterminds behind all of these awesome events.
- Simply look up the officer you need to get in contact with on the Greek Contact List and they will be sure to help you out, or get you in contact with Nancy Schwartz, Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life if needed.
Events and announcements can be submitted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have a promotional video or high resolution photo from a previous event that you would like to request be included in the upcoming issue, email the link or attachment(including the title and date of your submission) directly to email@example.com.
Any more issues or questions? Contact Dave Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org