The School Scoop
All Things Fifth Grade!
- Upcoming Dates -
Hoops for Heart: February 1-5th
February 18th: Bruce Mound
Ambitious Reading Goals
This weekend ask your child about their reading goals and the plan they have written to get there.
Lifeboat Investigations- What variables affect the number of passengers a boat can hold?
5P's Basket Theme: Fitness Finesse- workout books/ DVDs, yoga mat and gear, water bottle, towels, sporting good store/fitness center gift certificates.
- What makes a memoir?
- Interpreting the comings and goings of life
- Investigating and planning our own memoirs
Mentor Texts: Eleven and Quietly Struggling
- Understand what volume is
- Relate volume to multiplication and additions
- Setting ambitious reading goals
- Writing about reading
- Learning to think analytically