A Veterans' Life isn't Simple
The struggles that Veterans Face
Effects of War
- “In the U.S in 2014, there were 21,884,812 million veterans with the majority of them living places like California and Florida” (“Veteran Population”).
- Many of these people have to deal with the challenge of physical but also have to struggle with mental illness that makes it so they can't live a normal life.
- Many veterans try to deal with the pain by self-medicating with drugs and alcohol.
- Veterans want to talk about their experience in the military but civilians don't like to bring up topics that are hard to talk about or understand.
- 11% of the adult population is homeless but 26% of them are veterans.
- It is often hard to return home from a war zone because both the civilian family and the veteran had grown when they where away.