October 16, 2017
Current Attendance Data-21%
Shout Out To:
Amanat, Friedman, Hodnett, Markus, Novak for submitting your emergency sub lesson plans.
Cycle 2 Information
- Scholar Skills-Excellence, Curiosity, Perseverance, and Flexibility
- Readers Workshop-Mini-lessons and Interactive Read Alouds
Cycle 2 Theory of Action
If we implement common core standards aligned reader workshop minilessons and interactive read alouds and develop student's scholar skills then students will develop grade-level proficiency and skills.
Cycle 2 Look Fors
- Posted objectives
- Standards Aligned Mini-Lessons and Read Alouds
- Scholar Skills
- The Annual CA ShakeOut Drill is Thursday 10/19 at 10:19. It will be an earthquake drill only, no need to evacuate.
- At this time teacher emergency sub lesson plans are past due. Please upload by 10/20.
- Music begins this week. The tentative updated prep/enrichment schedule is below.
- Due to the events last week, we will focus on curiosity again this week.
- The Faculty Council meeting has been moved to 10/23.
CELDT RETEST: I will begin pulling students this week who qualify to retake the CELDT. I will begin with 2nd grade and move up to 5th. Only 3 students from grade 2-3 will be tested.
Upper-Grade Yard-Baker Nash
This week we will focus on the Scholar Skill of Curiosity. This a great time to ensure you are positively reinforcing students who demonstrate flexibility and defining academic curiosity with your students.
By Friday at Lunch, please submit two students to the office who exemplified curiosity this week.
Week at a Glance
- Big Smiles
- Morning Message 8:30 to 8:40
- Cost Meeting 11 to 12
- Interim SBAC 3-5
- Howard Garden Day 3 to 5
- Minimum Day
- Howard Professional Learning 2 to 4
- Williams Off Site-Professional Learning
- Interim SBAC 3-5
- Farmers Market 2 to 5
- Williams Off-Site after 12:45
- School Open 10-2