September 12-16, 2016
Snack & Lunch:
- Please provide the ingredients for your child's snack. I need to confirm that the snack is peanut & tree nut free. If you have snack from a box please cut out the ingredient label.
- Please pack utensils (spoons, forks) if your child needs them for his/her lunch or snack.
- Have a separate drink for snack and lunch (2 drinks a day)
- Have their lunch & snack in separate bags, labeled with the words “snack” or “lunch”
- Have your child wear sneakers or closed-toed shoes to school.
- Monday-Thursday your child will receive around 2 pages of homework.
- Have your child use pencil
- Please sign all homework.
- Please always carry identification on you during dismissal.
- If you have a dismissal change or if someone other than yourself is picking your child up please send in a note that morning.
- Dog’s Colorful Day by Emma Dodd: We reviewed our color words.
- This is the Way We Go to School by Edith Baer: We made a picturegraph and looked at how our class gets to school.
- Patriots Day: We learned about unity and pride. We also had a discussion about real heroes such as: doctors, police men, and firemen. The students made a unity necklace. They counted 10 beads and made a pattern with the colors red, white and blue.
- The students learned to use objects to represent and count the quantities 1, 2, and 3.
- The students practiced counting 4 and 5.
- The students answered the question of the week; which was, “How do children get to school?”
- The students learned our new amazing words. Our amazing words are vocabulary words. Our amazing words this week were: first, second, third, forth, fifth, and sixth.
- We recognized and named uppercase and lowercase letters: Aa, Bb, Cc, Dd, Ee
- We learned two new high-frequency words: I, am
- Books WE read: Am I (paper "decodable book") was sent home Thursday. If this book is the right level for your child please practice reading it every night!!)
- We discuss characters in a story.
- We continued to practice writing our name. The students are encouraged to use a capital letter only for the first letter in their name and lowercase letters for the rest of their name. (Ex: Susan)
- We sang the songs: A Bus Comes Along Everyday, How We Get to School
- Books our teacher read: The Little School Bus by Carol Roth
- Horizontal & Vertical lines
- Letters Aa, Bb, Cc, Dd, Ee
Social Emotional Literacy (SEL):
- We learned about our new Clip Chart. We discussed how we can move up on the clip chart by following directions and working quietly.
- We discussed the importance of being a bucket filler. Everyone has an invisible bucket. You can fill up their bucket by being a good friend and making sure people feel special and loved.
Upcoming Events & Important Dates:
- Monday, September 19th- Constitution Day- We will create our classroom charter.
- Wednesday, September 21st- Peace Day! Wear your favorite Peace Gear.
- Sunday, September 25th- Applebees Flapjack Fundraiser!
- Wednesday, September 28th- Back to School Night!