Watkins Wildcats are safe respectful, and focused on learning every day.
Work Ethic: Work hard
Achievement: Achieve great things
Teamwork: Do your part for the good of the group
Kindness: Treat others the way you want to be treated
Innovation: Think outside the box
Noteworthy: Others recognize our excellence
Success: Accomplish our goals
Mrs. Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder: School begins at 7:20 and ends at 2:20. Doors open at 7:05.
IN THE MORNING: ANY STUDENTS DROPPED OFF, WITHOUT AN ADULT, BEFORE 7:05 MUST WAIT INSIDE THE BUILDING FOR SAFETY PURPOSES.
WE WILL NOT BE DISMISSING STUDENTS FROM THE OFFICE AFTER 2:00. IF YOU ARRIVE AFTER 2:00, PLEASE GO THROUGH THE CARLINE OR WAIT UNTIL THE CARLINE IS FINISHED.
AT DISMISSAL: IF YOU ARE PICKING UP YOUR CHILD IN A CAR, YOU MUST PARK AT A NUMBERED SIGN.
YOU MAY NOT PARK IN ONE OF THE LOTS OR ON THE STREET AND WALK UP TO THE FRONT DOOR.
IF YOU ARE PICKING UP IN A CAR, PLEASE DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR. OUR STAFF WILL LOAD YOUR STUDENTS INTO CARS.
IF YOU ARE WALKING HOME WITH YOUR STUDENT, YOU MAY WAIT BY THE BLUE PICNIC BENCH OR THE GRASSY AREAS ON EITHER SIDE OF THE BUILDING.
WE WANT TO MAKE SURE STUDENTS AND PARENTS ARE SAFE AS WELL AS KEEP THAT AREA CLEAR FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS.
*REMINDER: SPS University Registration Ends August 31st.
Click HERE to register.
Monday, August 29th
Tuesday, August 30th
Wednesday, August 31st
- SPS University Registration Ends TODAY! (See above)
- Wendy's Fundraiser (see below)
Thursday, September 1st
Friday, September 2nd
Monday, September 5th
- NO SCHOOL!
Tuesday, September 6th
- James River Food Giveaway (at dismissal)
Wednesday, September 7th
Thursday, September 8th
Friday, September 9th
It was so amazing to see everyone last night at Meet the Teacher. We can't wait for Monday!!!!
Our Watkins staff is amazing!
Want to "shout out" a staff member? We want to hear about it!
I know you value all those who work at Watkins.
Please show some love to a Watkins staff member this week!
Hilcrest Flag Football
It is becoming that time a year again and we are having our 2nd season of Flag Football. Could you please get this information out on the schools website and other means of communication?
The season will be four weeks long with the 1st game starting Saturday Aug. 27th. The league is free and registration closes Aug. 25th @ 7pm. We plan to have practices on Tuesdays from 6-7pm at the Hillcrest Football Field (If there is a soccer game we will move to the practice field below the game field). The league is for grades 3rd-6th grade and the link below is where kids can be signed up.
On Thursday Aug. 18th I will be on the Football field @ our Unit on the Hill. I can sign people up in person if needed at that time too. Sign up will be from 7:30pm- 8:15pm
Your job as parent/guardian is to keep everyone in your home safe. Your child’s job is to help keep it safe at home.
Here are 3 ways we help keep it safe:
1. Stay composed/under control. Just breathe.
2. Realize it’s ok to “oops”. Everyone makes mistakes.
3. Know that feelings are your friends. It’s ok to have them.
If you tried any of these strategies at home, let us know!! We want to hear from you!
- All old SPS devices, hotspots, cases, and chargers should be returned to the school library ASAP.
- Students will be assigned a new device, which will remain at school
- Families may still request internet hotspots through SPS
- An application must be submitted and approved before a hotspot can be assigned
- Hotspots are available on a first come, first serve basis
- Hotspots have to be renewed in the school library every 30 days to stay activated
- The Information Technology department may assign fees for Lost, Stolen, or Damaged devices
- Read more about Technology Fees in this article
- Questions about assigned student devices & repairs can be directed to the Watkins Library
Welcome new and returning Wildcats. Just a few reminders from your School Nurse:
If your child needs to take medication at school, please have only an ADULT bring those medications to the nurse’s office before the nurse may administer.
You should have received a Student Health Inventory this year from your child’s teacher sent home or picked up at Open House to be filled out. Please fill that out. All information is very important in the care of your child here at school. All information is kept confidential. Please return those forms as soon as possible.
A student will be sent home with any of the following:
- ● Temperature of 100.4 degrees or more
- ● Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea
- ● Symptoms related to possible communicable disease (skin rashes, redness of eyes, swollen glands, etc.)
- ● Excessive drainage from eyes, ears, persistent earache, constant cough; or painful sore throat
- accompanied by enlarged lymph nodes
- ● Students with (or having the potential to transmit) an acute infectious disease or parasite
- ● Head lice and/or nits
If a student is sent home from school due to illness, the student must remain at home for the full school day following the day dismissed. In addition, the student must be symptom free without administration of any fever reducing medications or other medications to relieve symptoms for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
Students returning to school after injury, including concussion and/or surgery with crutches, casts or slings should present a physician release to return to school along with a written request for any necessary modifications or accommodations.
Please discuss any questions regarding when to return to school with the school nurse and/or contact Health Services.