FACTS Student Information Systems
Coming to FJVD 2021-2022!
Introducing a New Student & Family Management Platform
Dear Father John V. Doyle School Families,
In our recent family survey, many families expressed interest in a more stream-lined, online approach to billing, specifically with regards to extended day and lunch orders as well as other incidental costs.
This prompted an in-depth look at the capabilities of Gradelink, our current student information system (SIS), as well an investigation into other SIS used by Catholic schools in our area.
I am pleased to announce that Father John V. Doyle School will be transitioning to the FACTS Student Information System (SIS) for the 2021-2022 school year. Some elements of this new system will be implemented in the spring, with the full transition completed over the summer months.
What services will FACTS SIS provide our school community?
- Lunch ordering and payments - no more paper calendars or sending in checks!
- Extended day scheduling and payments - no more paper calendars or mailing bills!
- Incidental billings (i.e. field trips, fees, and other items)
- Online application and enrollment management tools - paper application/enrollment/re-enrollment no longer needed, the entire process will be available online!
- Online grading portal system for middle school students - similar to Gradelink, but with more streamlined features!
- Student information database - families can update information themselves to ensure it remains current and accurate for school contacts!
- Emergency alert services (text message and voice recorded calls) for snow days and other critical communications.
- Tuition management and payments - currently provided through FACTS, we will continue with the same system.
- And more!
All of these services will be provided on one platform, in one easy to access location for families!
Quality & Comprehensiveness
Having met with representatives from FACTS and received an overview of their SIS, as well as discussed the program with schools currently utilizing it, we are confident it is a quality product. In addition, their interface offers us all of the solutions we need including communication, grading, lunch & extended day, admission/enrollment, and more in a single platform.
Familiarity & Integration
We currently utilize FACTS for our tuition management system. As a result, most families are already familiar with FACTS as an online interface. Now, the tuition management will be seamlessly integrated with these additional features provided through the SIS.
FACTS Implementation Timeline
We are currently in communication with FACTS to begin the transition process. This includes training teachers and staff and transferring data to the new system. The goal is to be ready to use the application, enrollment, and re-enrollment features for enrollment and re-enrollment in the Spring, with a full transition to the SIS at the start of the 2021-2022 school year.
As we get closer to implementing these new elements, additional information will be shared with families. Stay tuned!
Change in FACTS Fees
In order to accommodate these additional features, the tuition management fees associated with FACTS tuition management will increase slightly for the 2021-2022 school year. The following fees will be applied to tuition management plans once per academic year :
- One Time Payment Plan (PIF): $20.00 fee
- Two Time Payment Plan: $20.00 fee
- 3 Payments or More Plan: $50.00 fee
This increase in fees will only be assessed for tuition plans starting in the 2021-2022 school year. No new fees will be assessed this year. Please note that these fees are paid directly to FACTS and are not additional tuition costs paid to the school.
We are excited for the possibilities presented by this new system, and we look forward to working with families to implement these changes in the coming months!
God bless and Go Saints!