By: Zachary Villasenor
Chile's Capital city, Population & Currency
Chile's Population in around 16,454,143 and its capital city is Santiago. Chile's currency is measured in Chilean Peso's. One American dollar would equal 617.295 Chilean Peso's.
Some facts about Chile
- Chile has a constitutional government
- Chile is homed to Atacama Desert is one of world's driest regions
- Chile is a Democratic nation
- Chile declared there independence in 1810 over the Spanish
- For entertainment Chile throws parades, festivals & other similar events
Places you might want to visit while in Chile
- Easter Island - Easter Island is famous for its 887 extant monumental statues, called moai, created by the early Rapa Nui people.
- San Rafael Glacier - The San Rafael Glacier is one of the major outlet glaciers of the Northern Patagonian Ice Field in southern Chile and is the tidewater glacier nearest the equator.
- Torres del Paine National Park - Torres del Paine National Park is a national park encompassing mountains, glaciers, lakes, and rivers in southern Chilean Patagonia.
Some of the foods you will encounter in Chile
- Tamales - A tamale is a traditional Mesoamerican dish made of masa, which is steamed or boiled in a leaf wrapper. The wrapping is discarded before eating. Tamales can be filled with meats, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, chilies or any preparation according to taste, and both the filling and the cooking liquid may be seasoned.
- Marraqueta - The marraqueta, is a Chilean soft bread made with flour, salt, water and yeast. It has a crunchy texture, and is mostly eaten in Chile, Bolivia and Peru but can also be found in Argentina and Uruguay.
- Milcao - Milcao or Melcao is a traditional dish originating from the Chiloé Archipelago in Chile. The dish is a type of potato pancake prepared with raw grated potatoes and cooked mashed potatoes mixed with other ingredients.