The Sonoma Ranch Elementary School Principal's Newsletter
Year 7 Issue 195
We Engage We Educate We Inspire
School Supply Lists
As in-person instruction will require us to no longer have "shared" items for students in the classroom, we have asked our teachers to review and revise their class lists. Students will need to bring their own materials that will be kept separate from their classmates. Supply lists are posted on the SRE website.
If you would like to borrow a Chromebook for your student(s), please complete the form at the button below
Starting at 4 PM tonight, Sonoma Ranch teachers will send emails home to the students/families who will be in their classroom for 2020-21. The email will include a link to their online classroom where you will find a welcome back video from the teacher. Everyone will not receive an email at 4 PM exactly, it will take some time for delivery.
At that time you will be able to sign up for a time for our first ever Virtual Meet the Teacher Night!
Virtual Meet the Teacher Night
The sign up for Virtual Meet the Teacher Night will be included in with your teacher's welcome back video.
First Day of School
The first day will begin with students logging into their teacher's online classrooms at 8:00 AM.
- All students will begin school online using the Buzz and Florida Virtual curriculum platform. Each teacher will have a daily/weekly schedule.
- Students will log on at various times throughout the day. They will not be expected to log on and remain online for the entire day.
- The online schedule will mirror what an in-person day will look like for students.
- The schedule will include both "live" instruction time with teachers as well as time throughout the day where students will work on their schoolwork.
- All live instruction sessions will be recorded and available for families to view later if their schedule does not allow for real-time viewing.
- While teachers will teach their live lessons to the entire class, small group instruction will be a large part of our online instruction.
- Teachers will teach whole group, small group, and one on one live lessons.
- All students will go to their specials (PE, music, library, art, band, strings) following our building schedule.
- Each teacher will share their daily/weekly schedule with students/families.
- Information on how families will access the online platform will be shared in the days to come.
GPS Kindergarten Back to School Video
We still do not have a delivery date for last year's school yearbooks. As soon as we do, we will communicate that information out to families. Again, I apologize for this long delay. Lifetouch shared the information below:
Breakfast and Lunch from GPS
Thank you for reading the Round-Up and watching the video. I understand that this school year is so much different than anything we have done in the past. If you have questions or need clarification, please reach out to me. Send me an email at email@example.com and I will be in touch.
Thank you and Be Safe!
Please click the calendar link above for upcoming events at the Ranch