August 25, 2022
Important Upcoming Events
- Friday, August 26th - Back to School Dance 3-4:30PM
- Wednesday, August 31st - KONA Ice (during Advisory)
- Thursday, September 1st - School Picture Day
- Monday, September 5th - Labor Day - No School
- Wednesday, September 14th - KONA Ice (during Advisory)
- Wednesday, September 21st - Distance Learning Day
- Friday, September 30th - Beach Bash 3-5PM
For other information dates, please visit our website at https://taft.cps.k12.in.us/parents-students/calendar-menus
Back to School Dance
The one click link below will take you directly to a website to place your order.
- Picture Day: September 1st, 2022
- Link Order: https://inter-state.com/FlyerEntry/70214VF.
- Order Code: 70214VF
- Teacher Last Name: Student's Math Teacher
If you have any questions, please email Joy Grogloth Cramer at email@example.com
Cell Phones / Earbuds
The federal program that provided free breakfast and lunch for all students has ended. If you need meal assistance OR textbook assistance, you must complete a free/reduced application at www.cps.k12.in.us/food.
The cost for a full lunch this year is $2.65. Various items can also be purchased ala carte. Breakfast costs $1.50. The school menu is highlighted below and is subject to change.
Parents of 7th and 8th grade students: If your child will be participating in sports this year, they will need a new physical dated after April 1, 2022 and will need to complete the information in Final Forms on our website.
Student immunizations are due to the nurse by Wednesday September 7th. Students that are missing immunizations will be excluded from school starting September 8th and will not be allowed to return until the requirements are met.
Simple Qpon Books
SimpleQpon books went home with the student this week. Our sale is from 8/22-9/7. Books are $20 each. Our school gets $10 profit from each book sold!!
Since our school is responsible for books; if you choose not to participate, please return the book in the envelope in the same condition it was sent home with your child. If the book is not returned, then we will assume that you have decided to purchase it and the $20 payment will be sent in the envelope for the fundraiser.
Prizes & Incentives for participants:
- Sell 5 books, get a free book (6th). Also, the student will get to attend a pizza party.
- Each student that sells 7 Books (not including the free book), automatically gets invited to the Game Truck video game party. He/She will also get to Silly String Mrs. Seibert at Beach Bash.
- Sell 10 books and get an envelope containing $5-$25 in cash.
- Top Seller for each grade will get $50 cash.
You can also place an order online. Please email sure to put click the drop down menu for organization and select Taft Middle School. Once you are viewing your cart, type your student's name in the box before checkout.
Beach Bash will be Friday, Sept 30th from 3-5 at Taft. We will need people to help plan and run this big school event. There will be a planning meeting on Thursday September 1st at 5:00 in Taft's Media Center. You can reach out to TaftMSPTO@gmail.com if any questions. Hope to see you there!