Martin Luther King Jr
I Had A Dream
Martin Luther King Jr was the leader of the Civil Rights Movement. He accomplished many things so that black people in American can be able to have a voice. He made a speech called "I Have A Dream" which made people build their confidence and believe that they can do anything that white people can do. He was the best thing that has ever happened to blacks. He became the youngest man to ever when the Noble Prize. He had a dream and he set out to make sure that it came true before he died. King was shot and killed while on his balcony.
- Being an advocate for nonviolent protest in the Memphis sanitation worker strike
- Providing leadership in the Mississippi bus boycott of 1955
- His famous "I Have A Dream " speech
- Being instrumental in establishing the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) in 1957, which was a civil rights organization that supported the philosophy of non-violence
- Noble Peace Prize
- Birmingham Campaign
- His originally name is Michael not martin.
- He tried to commit suicide at the age of 12
- Over 700 streets in the United States are named after him.
- He skipped two grades in high school 9th & 11th
- He almost didn't become minister
- Poverty , Racism and Militarism
- way of life for courageous
- seeks to win friendship and understanding
- seeks to defeat injustice not people
- holds that suffering can educate