CIS News May 18, 2020
Drop Off/Pick Up June 4th and 5th
We will have grade level stations and a chromebook station set up in the CIS Parking Lot. All desks and lockers have been cleaned out and bagged according to homeroom teacher.
When you pull into the parking lot, you will be directed to the chromebook station to return your chromebook. Please bring your Chromebook in the case with the charger. You will then be directed to your homeroom teacher's station to return library books and to pick up your personal belongings.
Students and families will not be entering the building. All supplies will be handled in the parking lot. If you or your student is ill, exhibiting any illness type symptoms, have a fever, or been around anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, please do not come to drop off or pick up supplies at this time. Please contact the school to make an appointment.
If you have already ordered a yearbook with the order form that was sent out earlier in the year, you will be notified on how your yearbook will be delivered.
Remote Learning Update
We are so pleased to see the continued progress in the online classes and the paper packets that have been returned. Parents, teachers may reach out to you or your child if they notice that they are struggling to complete assignments. Our goal is simply to support your child through this process in any way that we can.
Parents, remember we are not expecting you to be your child's teacher. Of course, we would like for you to check your child's progress, however, if you find yourself or your child becoming overwhelmed with school work, please encourage your child to reach out to their teachers. They can chat with them online during virtual office hours, or send them an email. Teachers will be happy to help break down assignments for your child, reteach and and answer questions.
Do you have a Comet that is ready to start Kindergarten this year? Be sure to check out our Virtual Kindergarten Round Up with Video Tours and more!
- If you have internet access and a device at home, assignments will be posted via Google Classroom. Please click the Google Classroom Parent/Guardian Guide below for more information.
- Meals are delivered on Mondays and Thursdays on a delayed start bus route schedule as well as in the Coloma High School parking lot from 10:00-10:30am.
- Remember to pick up your learning packets every other Monday from the bus during meal drop off, or in the CIS lobby. The lobby will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Learning packets are for those who do NOT have internet access at home. We will not have learning packets available for those who have internet access.
- Please remember to put your first and last name on the learning packets before turning them in!! Adding your grade level will be helpful as well!
- If you do not have internet access at home, please email your teacher, or call 468-2415 to leave a message. Please make sure to include your child's name, grade, homeroom teacher, and your phone number in your message.
- If you have internet access and need a device for online learning at home, please email your teacher, or call 468-2415 to leave a message. Please make sure to include your child's name, grade, homeroom teacher, and your phone number in your message.
- Don't forget to check your email or our FB page for our morning announcements!
- We have boosted our WiFi in the buildings so that you can access WiFi in the Junior High and High School parking lots. Simply pull your vehicle into the lots near the building for access. Please remember to observe social distancing requirements while you do so.
- Answer keys are included with your child's assignments for your convenience. This is to help support you during the remote learning process.
This link provides step-by-step instructions on how to access Google Classroom.
Specific questions regarding Remote Learning? Here is a link to frequently asked questions.
The district has put together a list of community resources to help our families through this unprecedented time. If you or anyone you know in the area is in need of assistance, please visit this link to our webpage for more information.
Reach Out for Support!
All of the district updates will be available through this link
This link provides answers to many of the frequently asked questions that surround the mandated school closure.
Follow this link to see different options if you have internet connectivity issues at home.
Information from Berrien RESA, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC all linked here.