P.S. 88Q Weekly Update
Week of August 17th
What Will Our Reopen Look Like?
Remote or Blended
Weekly Parent Town Hall Meetings/Coffee with Mrs. O'Shaughnessy
What Is Next?
What Can I Do To Be Prepared?
Your Student Account ID and Password
To retrieve your account ID and password:
- Go to Student Account Self Service(Open external link)
- Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA account.)
- Enter your birthday.
- Click Continue.
- If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
- Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
- If you haven't already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
- Pick a password that only you will know.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click Update Password.
You can also watch a quick video on how to access your student account information:
Once You Have Activated Your DOE Account
How to Access Google Classroom
Please follow the instructions below to access Google Classroom using your nycstudents.net login.
Where to start
- Go to TeachHub(Open external link)
- Enter your DOE student account email (it ends in @nycstudents.net)
- If you don't know your DOE student account email, visit DOE Student Accounts
- Enter your password.
- Click Sign In.
- If the username and password entered are correct, you will be signed into the remote learning portal successfully.
- Click on the Google Classroom icon.
- Now you are in Google Classroom!
Here is guidance for using Google Classroom:
- G Suite Learning Center(Open external link)
- Use the search bar or explore by product
- Classroom Help(Open external link)
- Get a summary of your student’s activity in Google Classroom(Open external link)
This guidance is provided by Google. More information will be added as it becomes available. Let us know if there is something you would like to see here.
- Watch the Google Classroom Student video tutorials
Get More Help
- Get translated step by step instructions on Translated Support for Remote Learning
- If you are using a school based G Suite, please reach out to your schools G Suite super administrator if you have issues with access.
- If you need technical support for Google Classroom, call the DOE Service Desk at 718-935-5100.
What Are The Health And Safety Measures?
Markings in Our School
PS 88Q will have signage throughout the building to uphold the NYC Health's Four Core Actions for Prevention
Four Core Actions For Prevention
Prevent The Spread