Monday Morning Message (11/09/2015)
Every Child - Everyday!
Good Morning Everyone! This will be a very exciting and busy week. We are having our 1st Annual NMS Anti-Bullying week! If you see Mrs. Rosario, Ms. Roberts, Mrs. Kubin, Mrs. Knotts (StuCo), Mrs. Ramke, or Mrs. King in the hall way, please tell them thanks for coordinating everything. We will conclude the week with an Anti-Bullying pep rally on Friday. We will have quite a few people off of campus this week. Please check with your neighboring substitutes to see if they need anything. They need additional support at times. The math department will be at professional development all day today (11/9/2015) and we have a team that will be going conducting Instructional Rounds on Wednesday (11/11/2015). We need everyone to be in the halls during transition periods and assisting substitutes on those days.
Reminders & Information
- Time Clock - Remember to clock in and out each day. Missing a clock in or out once or twice is okay, but if it is a persistent problem it may affect your PDAS appraisal.
- Please be at your door during transitions. If you are on your conference period please come out and help to monitor the hallways.
- Remind your students to walk on the right side of the hallway during the passing periods.
- Do not let students out of class without a pass that includes their name, destination, time, date. We are trying to reduce the amount of time that students are out of the classroom and we would like to be able to quickly determine where they should be.
- Remind students of the "lending grant" chromebooks that we have that are available to check out and go home with them.
- Remember to follow the discipline ladder with students in your classroom. Try different interventions and parent contact before sending a student to the office. If it is a level 3 offense, send them to the office immediately. If you have any questions, please ask Ms. Smith or Mr. Swacker.
- Grades - Make sure that you are inputting 2 daily grades per week. The administrators will check on Tuesdays to verify grades have entered.
Remember, we are the Best school with the Best students and the Best faculty and staff. Good, Better, Best!!! Never let it rest, until your good gets better and your better gets best!
NMS Anti-Bullying Week
Monday, Nov. 9th, 8:15am to Friday, Nov. 13th, 4:15pm
12117 Garrett Road
Monday – “Guardian Angels” Against Bullies. Wear all white.
Tuesday – “Buddy Up” to Prevent Bullying. You and a friend be twins for the day by dressing alike!
Wednesday – We “Mustache” you to be kind! Wear a fake mustache or draw one on your face!
Thursday – Be a SUPERHERO and stop Bullying! Wear your favorite Superhero t-shirt.
Friday – Let’s Stand Together! Wear Red and Blue.
(Anti-Bullying Pep Rally)