Plano Band Weekly Announcements
August 16-20, 2021
"The beginning is the most important part of the work." -Plato
CONGRATULATIONS ON A WONDERFUL TWILIGHT CONCERT!!
Marching Band Rehearsal is today at 4:30pm. You must move quickly after school to change clothes, bring your water, instrument, drill card/UDB, and flip folder/lyre to the field by 4:30pm. Every student is required to bring their flip folder/lyre and drill to EVERY rehearsal. Rehearsal will start promptly at 4:30pm in warm-up block.
0 Hour & 7th Period – Per the principals, students cannot hang out in D Building Lobby.
Students must go to the library or the cafeteria to study.
NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE FINE ARTS BUILDING!!!
STUDENTS SHOULD EAT OUTSIDE OR IN THE CAFETERIA.
GOALS FOR THE WEEK
2. Perfect overall ensemble sound
3. Add music to drill
EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Monday, 4:30-6:00pm
- Tuesday, 4:30-6:30pm
- Thursday, 4:30-6:00pm
2. PDL show rehearsal, Wednesday, 4:30-6:30pm (percussionists only)
3. PDL show rehearsal, Saturday, 9am-12pm (percussionists only)
DUE THIS WEEK
2. DUE TODAY - Classroom materials (test grade)
3. DUE FRIDAY - Show music (parts 1-3) MEMORIZATION TEST (test grade)
- WE, SYM, CONC 1 - All-State Music Evaluation 1st ½ Etude #1 – DUE Aug. 24-25 (6 Cumulative All-State Tests = Semester 2 Chair Placement)
- CONC 2 - F & Bb Major Scales & Arpeggios – DUE Aug. 25
(6 Cumulative Scale, Arpeggio, Patterns Tests = Semester 2 Chair Placement)
- SYMPHONIC & WIND ENSEMBLE - Tuesdays Woodwinds / Wednesdays Brass
- CONCERT 1 & 2 - Wednesdays
2. Marching Rehearsals NEXT week: Mon 8/23 (4:30-6), Tues 8/24 (4:30-6:30), Thurs 8/26 (4:30-6)
3. PDL show rehearsal, Wednesday, 8/25, 4:30-6:30pm (percussionists only)
4. Vertical Raise Fundraiser, ENDS August 26
5. Football Game #1, HOME vs Byron Nelson HS - Friday, August 27
4. Marching Rehearsals for week of Aug. 30:
- Mon 8/30 (4:30-6), Tues. 8/31 (4:30-6:30), Wed 9/1 (4:30-6)
6. Football Game #2, HOME vs Rowlett HS - THURSDAY, Sept. 2