Not only a LOCAL issue but a GLOBAL issue
IN SOME COUNTRIES AROUND THE GLOBE CHILDREN ARE BEING DENIED AN EDUCATION BECAUSE OF THEIR GENDER AND THE SOCIAL NORMS THAT ARE RESTRICTING THEIR WELL-BEING!
WhAt StEpS mUsT bE tAkEn?
- School fees must be abolished and the government should begin to fund public educational programs.
- Women teachers should be brought in to encourage girls to attend school.
- Bias against female students should be stopped by ensuring suitable protections are in place from those who may turn to violence.
- The lessons being taught should be accurate and the girls should be getting the same chances in the classroom as any of their male counterparts.
- The opening of co - ed schools where boys and girls are allowed to learn together rather than apart.
- The governments should begin to offer suitable provisions to its citizens because now that all of their children are attending school there is too much work for one mother to handle. The government should be more supportive with benefits and securities.
A Nepalese school after a devastating earthquake in May of 2015
What countries have the lowest rates of gender equality?
Central African Republic
Courtesy of The United Nations Gender Inequality Index